This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Never underestimate the stupidity (or suckiness) of a customer. ....
    Whadda you mean this turkey needs to be thawed for 24 hours before cooking? I *NEED* to cook it for tonight!
    Aaah, the heck with it. I'll just throw it in the deep-fryer anyway...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      You guys didn't ruin her Thanksgiving. SHE did! I hope management was allowed to ban her ass from the store (and the rest of her, too -- though she was talking out of her ass the whole time, so that's all she really needed)...
      Snerk. "Sorry, Ma'am, YOU can come in, but your ass has to wait in the car."

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
        ... your ass has to wait in the car."
        Butt, I didn't bring my slave!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          AD - Before I even got to the second line, I knew a Jas. Townsend reference was gonna be coming I love his Youtube channel; I just haven't been brave enough to try and cooking any of that stuff.

Just FYI -- They have 2017 recipe calendars on their catalog site for a buck each, including shipping, while they last!
          Go ahead, give it a try =) Pick something easy and have at it =) I also read the blog, not just their youtube stuff though the blog posts are also complete with videos.

Hm, do the pork thing with apples and cider, that should be pretty much as easy as falling off a log. I also make white pot but cheat and use the cinnamon raisin bread [the kind that is swirly.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

AccountingDrone -- No, you don't see me writing all those down. *hides paper*

Becks -- If my manager is in a good mood, doesn't come into our department, or is off, then I'm fine with her.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
              Aaah, the heck with it. I'll just throw it in the deep-fryer anyway...
              And only YOU can prevent fryer fires.

Try saying that one three times in a row.

Speaking of which, it's not our fault that you came in the day BEFORE Thanksgiving and we are now out of the following:

Dasani 24 pack water (had a pallet full in the back first of the week and on a wing display - sold through and no more until next truck, which is normally Thursday but due to holiday has been pushed back to Saturday.)

6 pack/16 ounce Diet Dr. Peppers - truck came today, none on the pallets or EDI. Knowing my sales rep, he ordered it and it was out of stock at the warehouse. Next truck is Friday.

Frozen pie crusts - ran out by lunchtime (again - happens every year b/c stores will front order a buttload, meaning warehouse runs out too quick right before the holiday.)

37 cents per pound turkeys (frozen ones at that Sold out today and next perishable delivery is Friday.

Really, you need a frozen turkey the day before? Again, only YOU can prevent fryer fires.

Or rather, lack of planning . . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                Frozen pie crusts - ran out by lunchtime (again - happens every year b/c stores will front order a buttload, meaning warehouse runs out too quick right before the holiday.)
                If it happens every year, why doesn't the warehouse order a buttload in anticipation of stores doing the same? Alternately, frozen pie crusts have a relatively long shelf life. Why doesn't the store order its buttload a month or so in advance, so that their order will be filled before the warehouse runs out, and another store is the one that gets stuck with none?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Could be they don't have enough room for all of them. There's a lot of items in high demand at this time of the year, and unless your store has the legendary "back room of holding" you can't stock enough of everything. And deliveries can be spotty as well so no guarantee you'll get more in stock before the holidays...

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    Speaking of which, it's not our fault that you came in the day BEFORE Thanksgiving and we are now out of the following:

6 pack/16 ounce Diet Dr. Peppers - truck came today, none on the pallets or EDI. Knowing my sales rep, he ordered it and it was out of stock at the warehouse. Next truck is Friday.
                    I had no idea that soda was an in-demand Thanksgiving drink? We always had sparkling cider for the non-alcohol-drinking crowd. Soda would be for summer parties, or at least the families that I'm around. Deep fried turkey is the best turkey I've ever had. Normally the turkey for me is meh. I'm very odd about meat texture, and even if everyone else says something is moist, I will find it dry. The turkey to me is not the highlight of the meal, it's just the vehicle for gravy.

I will admit to doing late shopping, but I have a strategy, and so far it's worked. I like getting produce as late as possible, which is something stores don't seem to run out of. I don't buy whole turkey, since I'm not hosting. But I do buy roast beef, and I want it very fresh. Anyway, once the store was out of the cheaper cream cheese and so I *gasp* had to buy the slightly more expensive name brand. Maybe sometime I'll miscalculate and the store will be out of something, and I'll deal with it like a grown person.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

37 cents per pound turkeys (frozen ones at that Sold out today and next perishable delivery is Friday. Really, you need a frozen turkey the day before? Again, only YOU can prevent fryer fires.
                      It is actually possible to get a turkey thawed in that amount of time if you use the cold water method. Put the wrapped bird in a cooler or big pan and fill with cold water. Dump the water and replace every 30 minutes, or leave the tap running into the container at a slow trickle. Takes about 6 hours to thaw a 22 lb bird that way (or at least it did for us), and as long as the water is below 40 degrees F,

We had our thanksgiving yesterday and it was really nice. Me, Hubby, Brother Roomie and a friend (all of whom are on the same side in politics). It's not that I don't want to see family, but my mom (who was planning on hosting) wasn't feeling well and we had to scramble to get something put together quickly so Brother Roomie wouldn't be depressed being so far away from his legal / biological family.
                      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 11-24-2016, 10:37 PM.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

In other news I am apparently the angel of death for Threads
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                          In other news I am apparently the angel of death for Threads
                          ...let them know that ...I was glad to go.

(very sad song. An American band named Genesis - not Phil & the chaps)
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                          X