This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just pay the $45

These people weren't really sucky; it's just that they were making it harder on themselves and that was frustrating.

They want to cancel their lease this week. OK, that's fine; in discussing it I see they are paying too much for the lease and supplies and could really do without it. The trouble is that the contract goes to March so there would be an early termination fee. Honestly it's cheaper to just pay the $15 a month until then, and all they have left is 3 months. But they don't want to pay the rest of it, even though they're legally bound to do so. The owner of the company said, "I didn't even sign this lease." OK, but she's still responsible because she assumed it, or her company did. I totally get not wanting to continue service, but it's only $45. Even a small business like that should be able to swing it. They are not going to be happy about the machine return fee, which is more than their quarterly payment. It's in the terms and conditions but they probably didn't read that, either. Good luck, retention dept. Or collections, depending on how this turns out.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Wow, that just makes no sense. Why damage your credit over $45?

Comment

Quoth Foxbite View Post
      Wow, that just makes no sense. Why damage your credit over $45?
      If it makes sense, don't do it must be their motto.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

We had a jetpack thing for my co-worker to use with his cell phone so he could interact with the company laptop (or something like that); he stupidly left it and the laptop sitting beside his car and drove off the jobsite, needless to say the bag grew legs. We reported it to the cell phone company so the jetpack is now just a useless piece of junk but it would cost more to terminate the contract then to pay until the contract ends in 2018.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
        X