Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is Closing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is Closing.

The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is Closing.

I remember going to the circus as a kid. That will be a great loss.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

My mom got my sisters and me each a Baby's First Circus pass when we were born (good for one free ticket, the pass never expires), and I got one for my daughter when she was born, so I've been talking with my mom to see if the five of us girls can go when they come to Atlanta next month. I'd always wanted to go, it makes me sad that unless we can all coordinate a day off, I'll never be able to.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
      My mom got my sisters and me each a Baby's First Circus pass when we were born (good for one free ticket, the pass never expires),
      Can just imagine the SCs - "The pass says it never expires - I want to redeem it for my free ticket, what do you mean I can't get a ticket because the Circus has shut down?". Of course, any gift certificate/card expires if the underlying business ceases to exist. Anyone want to swap a Radio Shack gift card for an Eaton's gift certificate?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Can just imagine the SCs - "The pass says it never expires - I want to redeem it for my free ticket, what do you mean I can't get a ticket because the Circus has shut down?". Of course, any gift certificate/card expires if the underlying business ceases to exist. Anyone want to swap a Radio Shack gift card for an Eaton's gift certificate?
        Radio Shack does still exist.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

That's a good thing, if those circuses still use wild animals (ie elephants and big cats) cuz that is just wrong.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            That's a good thing, if those circuses still use wild animals (ie elephants and big cats) cuz that is just wrong.
            They stopping using the elephants a few years ago. Now they're trying to find suitable homes for the animals, including the big cats, that are remaining. Not many places can properly care for the big cats.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

There's always Big Cat Rescue in Tampa ... and I believe there's a great elephant rescue in (of all places) Tennessee ...
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                There's always Big Cat Rescue in Tampa ... and I believe there's a great elephant rescue in (of all places) Tennessee ...
                The elephants were phased out years ago and are in the elephant rescue. Said elephant rescue is owned and operated by the circus.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X