Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Mytical They were stupid. You are nice.

@ ZombieQueen Oww, poor you! I think that would prompt me to giving up soda for real!

Comment

• Yeah...hubby and I were supposed to be giving it up, but then this summer with work and everyone buying me sodas and him working third shift...it kind of stopped.

It is a goal for this year though. Now if only Dr. Pepper and root beer weren't so tasty.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• I stay here...I dun wanna go to court on Tuesday.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Scary! Don't feel silly. Sounds like they didn't know what they were doing. I've had some medical folks who couldn't do that correctly, either, I almost passed out, and the two of them thought I was having a seizure. It was a simple almost-faint. Ever since then, I've had to lie down for blood draws, just in case.
        I always lie down, too, just in case. I'm usually fine, but I once had blood drawn and it took 2 people a total of 4 tries before they finally got it with the little kiddie needle (I was like 27 at the time). And I am prone to dizzy spells sometimes; I once fainted while waiting for the receptionist to get me some paperwork after my appointment. I was standing at the counter and started to get really dizzy. I tried to say something but couldn't, and next thing I know I'm seeing the wall of the counter rising up before my eyes. They hadn't even done anything; just looked at my wrist. Landed square on my hip and had a nice bruise. And my parents had to come pick me up (the paperwork I was waiting for was actually for my mom; I was supposedly saving her a trip to the office ).

Ellain, maybe they hit a nerve or something? Nothing to feel silly about; I guarantee you're not the first and won't be the last they've seen.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I'm hiding out here before I do/say something I'll regret (or not)

Seems that my ex hubby couldn't be bothered to even wish his kids a Happy Christmas this year, let along send a card/buy them a pressie.

His loss now he's completely alienated them, but what an idiot. (I can call him a lot worse but non of it would be good on the eyes!)
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• *Hugs Cazzi* Your ex is really missing out by alienating your kids, I hope that he will regret it. What an idiot! Hope Christmas wasn't ruined for the kids by his actions.

*Grumbles* I'm having a flare-up of symptoms which means I have to have my hair cut. It's taken forever to get this long (3 inches past my shoulders) but I can't stand the headaches, pins + needles and severe pain from my hair moving anymore.
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• So I decided that I would do some pilates/yoga/tae-bo like a half an hour ago, and I asked hubby if he would move his chair and computer table (both VERY easy for him to move) but he went and watched football. Just that...I asked him, and he walked off to go watch with mum. It's not like he didn't hear me or anything else, and he knows my wrists are too weak for me to move them. He doesn't even like football, so it was just him trying to get out of here...like he thought I wanted him to join me or something.
              He's been in a bad mood all afternoon, but he keeps ignoring me too. He even told me there's no reason he's mad, just that he is and he doesn't want me to help.
              At least I can do some stretching and stuff in front of my desk, but it's not enough room for me to do punches or kicks. Of course, mum and dad are home so I can't exercise anywhere else. It's just not very fair to me.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• Can somebody just put me out of my misery now? I had to go to a hotel to just get away..but that is a LONG story, and I am sure nobody is interested.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                  I am sure nobody is interested.
                  You shouldn't be too sure about that.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Can somebody just put me out of my misery now? I had to go to a hotel to just get away..but that is a LONG story, and I am sure nobody is interested.
                    Sure we are. This is a place to vent, and you know we're sympathetic. Let 'er roll!
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• My father is bi-polar..most of the time he is the guy that total strangers call 'pa'. A real salt of the earth person. A person I respect and admire. Lately, however, that is less and less.

When that switch is flipped, he is a nightmare to be around. I am 'worthless', garbage, etc. Even one time called me 'A worthless N-word B-word' (meaning my father was a 'black person' she did not know). He's paranoid, delusional, and forgetful. Once here recently he has even tried to abuse my mother.

Now, as some know they live with me, and I bring in the lion share of income (more so next month when my mom retires..then I will have 50% of the income of the house).

Anyhow, more and more the nightmare side has been coming out. I can barely stand to be in my own house anymore. I am stressed to the point of breaking...
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I see. I don't suppose he want professional help? I'm so sorry.
                        There is no good solution but if your sanity is on the line then do what you must do.

Comment

• Mytical, if I was you (and I'm a bitch who doesn't have any problems alienating family), I'd say one of the following things.

"Dad, unless you get help, I am leaving and not financially supporting you."
                          "Dad, unless you get help, I am going to kick you out of the house."
                          "Dad, unless you get help, Mom and I are leaving and we are not financially supporting you."

You can't force Dad to get help (unless he's threatening to harm someone), but you can save yourself. Good luck, and lots of hugs.

Comment

• Who has soup? Went to doc yesterday, had flu. Against my better judgment, and docs orders am at work. Though assured by doctors I am past the contagious phase at least. Bleh.

Comment

• *Passes chicken noodle soup* Sooo tired! *slumps into corner*
                              As much as I love my in-laws and appreciate their concern, I could do without all the phone calls checking up on us that end with "Aren't you glad that you guys decided against moving to Grantham!"
                              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Any wagers on how much I am going to get yelled and screamed at for daring to miss a single day of work? Anybody?

Forget that I haven't called off in over a year..forget that since Sept I've had walking pneumonia/bronchitis (in the non contagious phase when I had to work thankfully)..and flare ups of NASH (non contagious unless by act of whatever deity you believe in) and still managed to crawl into work. ((When I call off .. I have to feel pretty horrible)). I dared to call off. The doctors excuse I have... like that will stop them.

So..any bets?

Comment

Working...
                                X