This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SouthEast PA for me.

My night job is cancelled tomorrow. We'll see about my full-time job.

All good for now.

Comment

Hudson Valley, NY.

Now we go to Ollie for the Blacuweather report...

ETA: We're open tomorrow, and I'm working... but my job is Very Important. I'm the booze supplier for Frankenstorm sufferers!
      Last edited by KiaKat; 10-29-2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

I'm in WV...and we've got rain.

And way too many people overreacting >.<

My store was slammed with people buying generators >.<
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUUcqsinot4&feature=plcp

Part 3 if anyone is interested. 9:30pm that was.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUUcqsinot4&feature=plcp

Part 3 if anyone is interested. 9:30pm that was.
            Yikes...I've been watching the news..they keep showing boats that were left on the water (tied up and unoccupied), and idiots surfing, and talking to people who are ignoring the mandatory evacuation notices and staying home.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Idi Amin reading the weather forecast
              Last edited by Shalom; 10-29-2012, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Yikes...I've been watching the news..they keep showing boats that were left on the water (tied up and unoccupied), and idiots surfing, and talking to people who are ignoring the mandatory evacuation notices and staying home.
                Some tool surfing one of our beaches was getting sucked out to sea. Problem is, the Coast Guard is down by Atlantic City which would be almost 2 hours by boat. He got lucky though, as someone who was late in getting back to port happened to be in the area and picked him up on the way to dock.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

VA Beach here. Not really worried but husband did have to drive to work in Portsmouth this morning in the rain (24 hour duty). Hope he'll be ok .

Comment

Why the bloody heck do you ignore such an evacuation notice?

I was about to ask the legal penalty of ignoring such a notice but given the nature of the storm I doubt those people will need to worry about a legal penalty if they keep acting like hopeful Darwin Award winners.

Oh, and:

IT'S RAINING SIDEWAYS!

(not for real)
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Central PA here. From all that I've heard, it's supposed to be worse than last September.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Just north of Philly -

All the schools are closed today (Monday) and tomorrow. My boss decided last night that we would stay closed today. I'll probably be talking to him later today to update on conditions, since I'm the one who lives closest to our plant. We may be shut down tomorrow as well. I'm glad no-one expected my coworkers who live in NJ to cross the river today.

I've got gas for my generator (and full tanks in both cars), propane for my grill, fuel for my Coleman stove, and candy for Hallowe'en.

Stay safe, everyone.

Comment

EAstern TN here, if I go to the stores it will probably be completely empty of anything canned, milok or bread.

me? I've got tons of left overs that can be eaten cold, cat food, full tank of gas, and 3 different sewing projects to keep me busy. (4 if my shipping order comes in).

Watch this area get nothing more then rain.
                          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Central PA here too. The hurricane has slightly changed is path since last night and it appears I'm in the way. I work tonight at 7pm and unfortunately I'm a necessity. But I'm so close to work i can run there. My nerves are frayed.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                              Central PA here too. The hurricane has slightly changed is path since last night and it appears I'm in the way. I work tonight at 7pm and unfortunately I'm a necessity. But I'm so close to work i can run there. My nerves are frayed.
                              It's SOOO much better to work during a storm (very few people come in) than after it (all the people who didn't come in during the store come in). We had to have a lottery for our ride out team this year because everyone wanted to be on that and no one wanted to be on the recovery team. Apparently it was completely horrible after Ike.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                                It's SOOO much better to work during a storm (very few people come in) than after it (all the people who didn't come in during the store come in). We had to have a lottery for our ride out team this year because everyone wanted to be on that and no one wanted to be on the recovery team. Apparently it was completely horrible after Ike.
                                I dont mind the working, its the leaving the family. I personally love working during storms. A lottery is an interesting idea. Generally if it gets bad enough here, the hospital breaks out the cots in the meeting rooms and everyone hunkers down and signs up for extra shifts.

Comment

Working...
                                X