Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, not free food per say, i couldn't remember what it was called... Mooncat sais it. Free continental breakfast is what i meant lol
    I think that the instant mac and cheese and canned soup is a great idea. Thank you guys sooo much.. Im planning to go get the needed foods tomorrow, except for bread. We will get that the day we leave otherwise it'll allbe estén up before then...

Comment

Pork pies and some 'ready to eat' pastry wrapped stuff will keep in normal room temperatures quite well.

Pastes (like beef /ham/ chicken etc.) don't need to be cold until opened (and will last a day open without a fridge) as well as some pitta bread (less hard to crush than 'soft bread' when trying to pack IMO) or crackers/Ryvita and you have a cold lunch easily.

I second the 'just add water' foods for 'dinner' meals.

We normally carry a pack of biscuits and a few bags of crisps for top up during the day too.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        !!! Woot. I haven't heard of the Dinosaur much since I left NY. There was one within 5-6 miles of my old apartment. I think we still have some unopened jars of the BBQ sauce from there...
        Queens boy here, and VERY happy that Dinosaur BBQ exists in Harlem
        PS: the reason their deviled eggs are so damn good is that they have their spice rub in them, which is why I now ALWAYS have a jar of it on hand.

I'll chime in on a couple last thing about feeding your self at cons:

1) Utensils and napkins. I ALWAYS forget these! For napkins, a roll of paper towels is awesome as, hey look, plates!

2) Variety. This is the mistake I always make. I pick one thing that's easy to do, and I make enough for the weekend, and then I get sick and tired of it by the end of the weekend and get all staby.

Comment

Uagh. I wish I had seen that last post before I left. Im at the con currently and having lots of fun! Lots of boob grabbing and stripping... Lol joking... Sorta
          By yeah... Came with food but no utensils to eat them with... Yep...

Comment

Re: the utensil issue: if there's a hotel restaurant, ask if you could acquire some plastic utensils from them.

The cons I've been to, the hotel cafes were actually quite accommodating.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth iPanda View Post
              By yeah... Came with food but no utensils to eat them with... Yep...
              High Five!

You are SO not alone. My trick is generally to go out to eat for one meal and get extras then :P

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
                High Five!

You are SO not alone. My trick is generally to go out to eat for one meal and get extras then :P
                One article in the trade press (trucking) said that the best place to get plastic cutlery was Wendy's - good quality, and individually-wrapped.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X