This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a Rollercoaster

Early last week, I got an interview for a back of the house position at a well known chain restaurant. The thanks but no thanks email was timestamped about five minutes after I left. That wasn't as disappointing as it could have been, since the drive out there was kind of a pain.

Of course I was still feeling kind of down, since that was the first interview I'd gotten since I started seriously job hunting last month. However, I'm glad I didn't get the job now since I found something even better.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be the cook at a local private Christian school. I'm really excited about this. It seems like a good way to get some experience and possibly open up some doors down the road. A really big plus is I'll still be able to work on the train during the summer.

Another good thing is I won't have to worry about asking for Sunday mornings off for church and I'll still be able to go to choir practice during the week. All in all, I think this is going to be good.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

That's awesome!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yay! I feel happy for you!
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Yay! I'm glad you found a job that fits so neatly into your life. It's great!

Now go make me a sammich. <3
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

what kind? Peanut butter and jelly? or bologna?

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
            what kind? Peanut butter and jelly? or bologna?
            Bologna! Bologna! With cheese please. *hops around like a toddler* Can I has chocomilk too!?

(PS: You are awesome.)
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

*makes a bologna and cheese sandwich and cuts off the crust* *pours a big glass of chocolate milk.*

Comment

Holy crap. You are the most awesomest person to ever walk the earth. :O

Comment

Working...
                X