This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wachoo!

So I was in a café the other day, using the free internetz (I ordered some food too) and I raised the glass of iced tea to my mouth to take a drink. It was cold in the café, and one of those sneezes that you don't feel coming burst forth. Iced tea went everywhere, on me, on the table, on my LAPTOP.
    I quickly turned it upside down to get it out of my keyboard. My last laptop got milk spilled on it and I had to write it off because the keys weren't working. I was in a panic everyone was staring and smiling! I was so embarrassed but I tried to play it off. I sopped everything up with my little napkin, and dried my keyboard quick. Luckily, the keys didn't mess up so far. Here's hoping.
    I always try to be careful with drinks around electronics, but sometimes they're DESTINED to go into keyboards...
    Feel free to share any electronic and liquids mishaps, I won't feel so alone then.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Not a mishap, but hopefully a way to avoid problems in the future:

When I bought my most recent laptop, I also bought a keyboard skin. It's a rubber sheet which fits almost perfectly over the keys and covers over all the gaps where liquids might find their way in. It's already paid for itself by preventing water from getting into the gubbins. They're quite cheap too, just be sure to look up the exact model when you're trying to find one as keyboards can vary a lot. I got mine from eBay for less than a tenner including postage.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The last time I got a stomach bug I was sitting in bed online trying to distract myself from how bad I felt. You guessed it: vomit all over the keyboard. I now have a small bluetooth keyboard that sits on top of the non-functioning one. I've been using that for over a year.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X