This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new contract yet...

I'm finishing my 4th year at the school, and my contract between me, the school and the payment company they work with is up.

A few months ago, I requested a copy of the current contract because I lost mine, and needed to know what was considered holidays under it. The Superintendent gave it to me, and asked if my pay rate was correct. I said it was, and he responded that 'we'll have to do something about that'.

Problem is, I haven't heard anything about the renewal since, and the current contract ends the end of this month. The last School Board meeting for the current school year was held yesterday, and all I saw was that they went to closed session for 'contracts and renewals'. I have no emails at this point on it, other than one from the payment company that I'll still be employed at my current position, but no details on the contract.

I'm on vacation this week, using up the last of my days for the year, and thinking about my situation. It's been the best job I've had so far, but I wonder if there's a better opportunity if I don't get a pay increase. So, I'm thinking, if I don't hear anything by Monday, I'll contact my Tech Director and Superintendent at our meeting next week and ask about it. If the contract's the same, I'll be polishing up my resume and looking for another position.

Thanks for reading this, I'm just a bit concerned about what will happen and needed to get it out.

Around here, school contracts are almost never taken care of on time. The school boards discuss but don't actually get anything done. It never hurts to see what else is available. Maybe you'll leave, maybe it's better to stay.

Comment

Update - still nothing, end of the month approaching, and changes may be happening...

An explanation, first - I was hired under a tech contract between 3 school districts. The main one is the largest in the district, the one I oversee is the second, and the third is really small. So small, they have a teacher doing the IT servicing.

Well, over the course of a month, the main school district has lost:

- 3 principals (resigned)
      - Superintendent (severance package)
      - Curriculum Director (?)

and possibly many board members in the future. To say more would probably give up where I work.

Interim superintendent search is underway, but this could mean big changes depending on who they get in,

Good - Superintendent keeps the contract, everything stays.

Better - Superintendent breaks the contract, school I'm working for keeps me on, money they were paying to main district used to increase my pay.

Bad - Superintendent breaks contract, I'm let go by the school I'm working for.

Until I meet with the Superintendent here and the Tech Director, I don't know what will happen. Superintendent has been trying to arrange a meet, but hasn't heard anything yet.

Comment

Gah... Tenterhooks are NO FUN!

Comment

Well, I got my contract for next year. No big changes, a raise a little over 2%. Could be nothing, but I was expecting more.

I've been doing a lot more over the 4 years I've been here. I lost $4000 when they converted me to salary in exchange for health care benefits 3 years ago. When the plan changed due to the old one closing up this past year, I'm paying a lot more out-of-pocket for medications/supplies.

I really like working here, but I have a house and vehicle that's falling apart. I'll be looking for other opportunities and see what's out there. I've been even toying with running for one of the open Main School board seats, just have to find out what I'd have to do.
          Last edited by RichS; 07-02-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X