This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer service games are great

Sometimes I'll download a game from the Internet and in it, I have to serve customer in a restaurant, or a flower shop, etc. these games are made for kiddies, btw. In them, the have all different types of customers. They all get mad if you don't serve them quick enough. Some even curse at you--well, not actually cursing, just a speech bubble with "#$@!!" In it and slam the counter with fists.
    After playing, I find myself wishing that I'd had these games when I was a kid, then maybe I wouldnt assume all adults were polite ladies and gentlemen... Have you played these games, and if you have, did you wish you could've played them as a kid? Or did you think they were inaccurate. Personally, I think there ought to be a customer that gets grabby...and maybe one that morphs into a wolf that sinks its teeth into your neck...ah well.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I don't remember any games from when I was really young involving customers... When I was in high school, my marketing class had a store simulation game. Like, you managed a 7-11 style convenience store. You had to choose what products to stock, how often to reorder, and how to price the products. There wasn't any customer service, and I don't think there was anything about employees.*

The funny part was sometimes a "customer" would come in the store, wander around, and leave without buying anything, but your inventory counter would go down by a few items... And you'd realize the last person stole from you!

*Now that I think about it, this is really accurate of how corporate thinks... Wow, it really, really is.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Closest I can think of is Burger Time and its clones.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The first thing that came to mind was "Lemonade Stand" on the Apple IIe.

The second was, Jesus, I'm getting old.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          The first thing that came to mind was "Lemonade Stand" on the Apple IIe.
          Today's forecast is cloudy.

The thermometer reading is 80.
          The wet bulb is 78.

How many bags of sugar do you want to buy?
          How many lemons do you want to buy?
          How much will you charge per cup?
          Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

I had that on either the C64 or TRS-80 Color Computer o_O
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

How about Tapper? Customers finish their drinks and then just throw the empty glasses down the bar, not caring if you catch them or not. And if they reach your end of the bar without a drink, they grab you and throw you out!
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I think most of the games I played as a kid were ones where you were the one destroying the shops and wrecking the merchandise... Like Legend of Zelda or Rampage. Smash those pots!

I loved Tapper and Burger Time, though.

Comment

Oh, Tapper! And Lemonade Stand! I remember THOSE!! *gushes with nostalgia*
                  I don't remember ever getting thrown out of the bar tho. I guess I was pretty good at it.
                  But Lemonade Stand, ugh I always lost. The weather would always change suddenly or something. I forget
                  I also played Diner Dash. I used to be a server, so I really liked it. I beat the first one but the sequals were too hard.
                  Too bad they don't put a re vamped 3D version out of these games on some newer console, instead of making the zillionth first person shooter. I'd buy it!
                  Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                  The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Well, in Tapper, you would also lose a life if a glass hit the ground, whether it was an empty reaching your end without you catching it, or a full one that didn't have a customer to catch it.
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

I played Tapper, and its apparently more well-known censor-friendly update, Root Beer Tapper, but only in arcades. Both the exact same game, it's just the color of the drinks was different, and the latter didn't have beer ads on the neon signs
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I can't play those games anymore. They tick me off too much. I find myself screaming at the comp "SHUT UP AND WAIT YOUR TURN!!!"

Playing games on the comp is supposed to be relaxing. Usually I just play Diablo, killing demons and smashing things works much better for me.

Comment

Oh man, Diablo. I have a half-finished mod of Baldur's Gate II here where you could take Gorion's ward and crew to Tristram. Work sort of fizzled out after a few months, but I still take it out to hack away at it once in a great while. (Yes, I'm a cab driver with a computer degree. Wanna fight about it? )

Comment

Working...
                          X