Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of the Aesop Fable called The Farmer and the Viper, with the coworker as the Farmer and the bee as the Viper.

Not that the bee was evil, but it was a wild animal, and therefore, either should have been approached with caution or, if possible, shooed away.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

There is no reason for you to risk an allergic reaction. Kill the bee.

Comment

The Boyfriend and I live on a farm. When we moved in, there were three bee hives in the exterior walls, including one over the door of the laundry room. For a few months, we could go in and out of the laundry room without incident (the hives were literally INSIDE the walls).

Until one day I went in to get a load of laundry to hang it up, and a horde of bees followed me in and stung me repeatedly on my arms and face. Then they started coming INTO the house and trying to sting the pets (actually did sting one dog twice). We got a bee guy in, and because the hives were inside the walls, we couldn't get the hives extracted but had to gas them

If they'd just left us alone, we'd have left them alone. They started it.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

There's only one name for half a bee...Eric!
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Idiot (the coworker, not OP). You don't touch any bug that has teeth or a stinger with bare hands. The bee doesn't know you are trying to return it to its habitat. And yes they can sting through towels. The towel trick (cloth not paper) works with errant birds though. I did that to remove a black capped chickadee that flew in the window while I was filling the feeder.
            Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-08-2016, 02:25 PM.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

ok, I love all creepy-crawlies, but I will not tell anyone outside my dwelling to not kill them. I'll be sad for the poor critter, and pretty much advocate a quick method of dispatch if it must be. I'll offer to remove the offending critter myself if possible, but when someone has allergies I understand that isn't always possible or feasible.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                And yes they can sting through towels.
                ...which I imagine will probably kill a bee just as dead, even if it only gets the towel, because the barbs would likely catch on the cloth.
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                  Half a bee, philosophically
                  Must ipso-facto half not-bee
                  But can a bee be said to be
                  Or not to be an entire bee
                  When half the bee is not a bee
                  Due to some ancient injury?
                  here you go:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlrsqGal64w

Comment