This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um, no... that's not where that goes.

so at work big recycling push. basically just results in signs being put on the bins detailing what goes where... like recycling says "food containers, cans, bottles"

and the one on the garbage

"food
    styrofoam

needles and other medical waste"

um, no, no, no, no. not that's it my job but thanks for the excuse to refuse to ever change the garbage.

this is in our break room nowhere near the customers and I believe the signs were from corporate and just printed out.
    Last edited by gremcint; 07-09-2016, 02:49 AM.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

So they are violating OSHA standards for disposal of biological hazards. How nice.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

ok it's not as bad as I thought. so there's a sign about the recycling in general basically "what you can recycle vs what you can't recycle" someone blew it up and cut it in half and put the can't recycle sign on the garbage can.

Comment

What an idiot.

Comment

So food containers are recyclable, but styrofoam isn't? Sounds like styrofoam food containers are Schrodinger's Cat - both recyclable and non-recyclable.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
            um, no... that's not where that goes.
            That's what SHE said.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              So food containers are recyclable, but styrofoam isn't? Sounds like styrofoam food containers are Schrodinger's Cat - both recyclable and non-recyclable.
              We have now invented Schrodinger's Trash.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

plastic food containers people.

anyways they've replaced the signs with ones that make sense now.

Comment

My city just hired a bunch of 'Recycle inspectors' to go house to house inspecting peoples recycle containers to make sure nothing that is considered garbage in any of them before the trucks come around. They are doing warnings now, but if you are caught with garbage in your recycle container, it can be up to a $75 fine.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

That has the potential for abuse. Neighbours A and B are having a feud. Due to A's work hours, they have to leave before the recycling truck arrives. B is home between A's departure and the truck's arrival. B puts some garbage into A's recycling bins. A gets fined.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

After seeing some of the disagreements on our HOA's Facebook group, it wouldn't surprise me some of them would do that, this neighbor has some very vindictive people.
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                      X