This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where We're Accused Of Food Theft

This more cheeses me off than anything, and I guess I'm looking for advice on hwo to handle this.

I work swing shift, after everyone else in the store, literally, has gone home. I trust my crew and the other crew who are working with us while their job site undergoes repairs, who just happen to leave a little before us. End BG.

I get to work this afternoon to get pulled aside by one of the bigger bosses of the company, everyone on my crew and the other does, and we get talked at as a group. General lecturing on how the fridge is a privilege, how theft is a fireable offense, etc. Big Boss dipped into some crazy childhood story, that dealt very loosely with the food theft at hand, at the end of it.

Apparently the new Lesser Boss, who already has a hatred of our crew, left some cookies in the break room fridge with a note saying either their's or the person's name that they intended to give them to on it yesterday morning. They were gone this morning, a full 24 hour period. So being as we're the late shift, guess who gets the biggest blame?

At least the cashier was on our side and trusts us too. That helped alleviate some of it.

Now, I have my sources, and the smart ones could figure out which ones, who told me that one specific employee was going on and on about how we, the swing shift, are known thieves, to the one Lesser Boss who, again, hates us for reasons I can't comprehend. They implicated me, then my other coworker, by name.

This is a person who likes coming in every once in a blue moon and chatting at me and other people on the crew he just tried bus-throwing, and I'm very tempted to be cordial, but cut off any and all direct conversation with them in the future.

Beyond that, is there any further action I can take? It's cheesed me off to no end, I know none of us did it but we're being painted as guilty by people when we aren't even there to defend ourselves, and I seriously got enough money stress right now without someone throwing me under the bus and making me lose my job.

Any helpful ideas would be nice, thanks.

Unless they have video cameras in the break room, or just outside of it that might show the culprit with the goods in hand...unlikely. The boss who hates you guys for no particular reason probably won't even care if you DO get 100% definitive proof that you guys are innocent. he could very well be protecting a known thief on his own shift, or just excluding them from any potential blame simply because he happens to like them.

All you can do is watch your backs and update your resumes. It sucks to be in this situation, but prepare for the worst.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X