This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control freaks or spoiled

So at my workplace, I have to deal with a lot of business men type people. They strut around, looking at everything, and often have issues with our rules. It makes me wonder. Are these control freaks. They have a high position in a big company, they're the big dogs there, if they tell their staff to jump, their staff says how high. Then they go home, and again, they're the top dog. They tell their family to jump, (and their maids) and they say how high. Then they go away on business and stay here. Someone else's rules? They can't deal with that. They're used to being the boss. So they're making the rules and we better change or do away with ours.
    This sort of behavior happens with non business types too, but I've seen it mostly with them. Im just trying to understand how their little mind works, I guess....I guess when you're so used to something, it's weird to be in a place where you're not the head honcho and no one is in your control. I've seen them have issues with other people who weren't dressed professional, even if they were another customer.
    Spoiled.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    I guess when you're so used to something, it's weird to be in a place where you're not the head honcho and no one is in your control.
    If that's really how it is in their heads, how do they deal with the 99.99999....% of the world that doesn't work for them?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      If that's really how it is in their heads, how do they deal with the 99.99999....% of the world that doesn't work for them?
      At my work they deal by complaining about everything and trying to get out of pulling a number or waiting for anything, ever. I feel like that's about par for everywhere else, too. Some examples are the people who stride up to the cutting counter, which is totally slammed, proclaiming "I need some help in yarn."

Or the people who manage to lower themselves to pull a number only to stand in the way of other shoppers. Some continue to stand in front of the ticket dispenser, while others invade the space of another shopper by standing up at the already crowded counter knocking elbows with the customer who's being helped. You can tell if they're in the "spoiled" category by the anger and haughtiness in their unrelenting glare. If asked to move by another customer they will move approximately one inch.

Oh, not to forget the people who go back to framing and pester the framer with unrelated questions. "Well, there's no one else to help me!" Um, even if the framer isn't helping someone, they probably have many frames in production with deadlines. Not every person in the store is employed strictly to be your personal shopper. Unbelievable, to these SCs.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

How do they deal with the rest of the world? Badly. They're a PITA everywhere. I really hate what I call "manager talk", that special jargon of talking while committing to nothing all while being condescending. I despise when I encounter that in my real life.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Some examples are the people who stride up to the cutting counter, which is totally slammed, proclaiming "I need some help in yarn."

Or the people who manage to lower themselves to pull a number only to stand in the way of other shoppers. Some continue to stand in front of the ticket dispenser, while others invade the space of another shopper by standing up at the already crowded counter knocking elbows with the customer who's being helped. You can tell if they're in the "spoiled" category by the anger and haughtiness in their unrelenting glare. If asked to move by another customer they will move approximately one inch.
          Do you ever get other customers reacting to the cutting-in, space-invading boors by doing something like saying to the person who's serving them "And I'd like a couple yards of your strongest trim" while looking directly at the boor?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Fun fact: sociopaths (those unable to feel empathy) comprise about 5% of the general population. Among CEO s and higher level executives, its about 25%.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Color me surprised.....

Notsomuch.

Comment

Working...
              X