Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for yelling at me for trying to be sympathetic.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    .Never have I been offered an alternative of singing,dancing,stripping girls to be despatched to my room.
    Remember, if you don't ask you can't get.

"I want an eight-ball of coke and four strippers sent to my room as compensation!"

"Sure thing, sir, right after the cops get there!"
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Terry really needs to get over herself.
      She just needs to get over herself period. There so many more real problems to get worked up over, than the wrong salutation on a form letter.

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      I don't know how the hot water works for a hotel, but I can't imagine that the hot water would stop working for one room. You know, I also don't give myself any extra time in the morning. That's why I shower at night.
      I've been in plenty of hotels where it can be hard to get hot water. Sometimes it's because the water doesn't flow very efficiently from the water heater, especially the higher you go. Sometimes its because everyone and their brother are showering all at once and it all gets used up. Which is why I sometimes shower at night when I'm out of town. Besides, a hot shower helps me get to sleep faster.

It's a legit complaint, but barely. Honesly, I just would have said something to the manager if it really mattered and let it go from there.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      You have to remember HotelMinion works in the DC area. With all the hot air congress pumps out, there isn't much heat left for the water. Especially in this election year.
      Almost broke rule 1!
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        You have to remember HotelMinion works in the DC area. With all the hot air congress pumps out, there isn't much heat left for the water. Especially in this election year.
        That's why the intelligently-designed hotels have their water heating systems designed to use an alternate (and also in plentiful supply) heat source - burning trousers.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Or he could've said something earlier, rather than waiting until the last minute, just as he was leaving for work.
          It could have failed when he was in the shower. I've had that happen when trying to get ready for work. Nothing sucks more than losing your hot water, and having to run downstairs clad in a now-damp T shirt and towel....to attempt to relight the damn thing. It sucks, but seriously? You can suck it up and take a quick cold shower. Yes, it sucks balls, but deal with it.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Depending on who you are,turning up for work in a damp t-shirt may actually generate more customers
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              Depending on who you are,turning up for work in a damp t-shirt may actually generate more customers
              Though I would include quite a few of my coworkers in that statement, alas, it is not true for me LOL.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                It could have failed when he was in the shower. I've had that happen when trying to get ready for work. Nothing sucks more than losing your hot water, and having to run downstairs clad in a now-damp T shirt and towel....to attempt to relight the damn thing. It sucks, but seriously? You can suck it up and take a quick cold shower. Yes, it sucks balls, but deal with it.
                Yeah, this is what I did one morning when I was late for work. The water heater was on the fritz, but I didn't have time to go figure out how to get it working again. I just took a cold shower (which helped to wake me up), rushed outside to scrape the frost off my car-- and promptly slipped on some black ice and almost broke my wrist.

So yeah, a cold shower that morning was the least of my problems.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
                  Though I would include quite a few of my coworkers in that statement, alas, it is not true for me LOL.
                  I may have to disagree

Quoth protege
                  You can suck it up and take a quick cold shower. Yes, it sucks balls, but deal with it.
                  If it's doing that,you may have a problem with the shower head.Mine just pours out water....
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                  X