Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never kill spiders, not intentionally at least; (a) if it wasn't for them, we'd all be sitting around covered in flies, and (b) they've been around for about 300 million years (although their evolution actually began about 400 million years ago) so if anyone's the unwelcome intruders, it's us.

I'm usually the one catching the spiders in my house and putting them outside. Dad will if he can catch them, but these days he's often not fast enough; Mum won't hurt them but doesn't want to get that near.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
      "today's interpretive dance is brought to you by there's a spider on my shirt, followed by now where did it go?"
      Thank you muchly for the giggle! Absolutely describes me confronted by something with eight-legs.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
        ... "today's interpretive dance is brought to you by there's a spider on my shirt, followed by now where did it go?"
        Followed by the combined World's Fastest Ecdysiast and Costume Flambé events.
        Last edited by dalesys; 06-20-2016, 07:53 PM.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'll just leave this here....

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

WHY don't more people use the nice nylon washable bags? I hate the nasty plastic-y cloth-ish ones that - while they do stand on their own - are not washable. First of the month, all of mine go in the wash. AND - they roll up small enough that I can always carry one in my purse/handbag.

Comment

I've got a big enough collection of fabric bags - woven, not the crap non-woven ones - that I could actually do a wash load of just them. Hmmmmmm

Comment

I live in a brand new development so I know all about spiders... apparently, in new construction you mess up their habitat and they get everywhere. That's okay though, they're easy to kill and my cat likes them. She ate a couple.

What I hate are moths. Evil bastards, they're so hard to kill and they can colonize. My cat can't catch them. x_x Ergh.

Comment

In some neighborhoods, when construction tears things up, you get giant cockroaches, known locally as water beetles that invade EVERYWHERE! Nearly unkillable.

Comment

My ground-level college apartments occasionally had spiders, centipedes, cave crickets (YUCK) and in one or two cases someone found a black widow. It wasn't really new construction, and the closest anyone could figure is since there's a giant prairie dog town under campus there were some foundation issues not serious enough to affect the buildings but enough to allow the 'visitors' in.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

DH is so scared of spiders he's been known to spend an entire evening perched on the back of the sofa because there was a spider on the floor near where his feet were! I was out for the evening, and when he told me about it (when I got back) I nearly fell over laughing!

Although that's not as bad as the time he couldn't pee because the spider on the wall near the loo 'was looking at him'. Of course, by the time I got there to get rid of it for him, it had gone anyway.

I grew up in the countryside, and I'm not scared per se of spiders, I just don't like catching their movement out of the corner of my eye!
                      I had a horrible experience once though. Switched off the light & got into bed, got comfy, then heard the 'wheeeee' of something falling through the air then the thud on the pillow. My bed was in the opposite corner to the door/lightswitch, but I made it in one leap, and turned round to see a rather large spider disappearing off the edge of the bed. I slept in the living room that night!

Comment

Working...
                      X