This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Former Coworkers Died

Today, I found out that 2 former coworkers have died. It turned out that the older one had cancer and the younger one jumped off a bridge.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

We had a kid over at the .mil School house comitt suicide this past weekend. I had to in part deal with that.

i ddnt know him he was one of 6 thousand over there but still, wish someone had seen the signs and told him nothing is that bad.

Comment

Speaking as someone who has hit that point before Crai, there often aren't signs. We do our best to not let people know we're hurting because we don't want to burden people with our problems. Sometimes it's because we've been taught not to. Sometimes there's no reason. Sometimes we just can't bring ourselves to ask for help because we know how many problems we'd be bringing down on people. Logically, we know things aren't that bad. But when you're stuck feeling too much (or even stuck feeling numb) for months or years on end, you'd do anything to make it all stop.

Purple Cat, I'm so sorry. It's hard losing people even if you weren't close. It's always a shock. If you wanna talk, let me know.
      Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Yeah, it sucks. Being on either end of that dynamic, actually. (Don't ask how I know that.)

I moved a few years back from a neighborhood that had some very high-performing schools and several railroad crossings. The closest crossing to my home usually saw two to ~six teenage suicides per year. They started posting a guard during the day, but it didn't help much at night.
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

*hugs purplecat*

Sometimes, it certainly feels that bad, even if objective reality is otherwise.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I've lost coworkers I wasn't close to and it was hard. It makes you face your mortality. One died during surgery to treat the same condition I have. That was surreal. Hugs to you, Purple. Too many deaths lately!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X