This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting night

We now have a new cleaning crew; two guys where before we had one. The one guy was let go because he didn't clean every area of the store...which is what happens when you're given broken equipment and not allowed to replace it. He was using store equipment, while this crew is from a contractor and has their own.

When the floors are to be waxed overnight, everyone knows the day before; dayshift needs to move fixtures etc. off of the tile and night crew has to know what areas can't be walked on for awhile (and if I'm there as well I know to take all the tags with me as opposed to having my normal 'staging area' on one of the registers). Typically it's done over two nights; front half one night and then back half the next. It's also not done when it's excessively hot/humid out as the wax doesn't dry quickly...all so what happened last night doesn't happen.

The cleaning crew decided to wax the floors, and nobody knew about it until someone went to use the bathroom and found it blocked off, I went to get another batch of tags and couldn't and someone else needed the front aisle for staging and was told they couldn't. They also waxed the back hall into the grocery back room and basement hallway meaning nobody could access the break room, back room or (more importantly) any bathrooms for most of the time the cleaners were there. This is a no-no, as is having all egress areas (front, back dock and basement garage) effectively blocked. We were trying to figure out why they were waxing the backroom and basement, as that's never been done to any of the night crew's knowledge...not needed. The offices upstairs need to be cleaned more than the basement needs waxed.

Cleaning crew was gone by the time SM arrived, but a few of us let her know what had happened. When I finally got down to the bathroom, two of the office chairs from the break room were in the ladies room (one was somehow blocking the door from inside so I moved both out after taking a picture to show to SM)
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X