Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Samsung! ....and other atrocities.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Samsung! ....and other atrocities.

Never any letup in the SCs at Red Checkmark...

Thanks Samsung! or How I learned to quit worrying and love the iPhone

So I'm sure most of you are aware of the recent recall/craptastrophe surrounding the Note 7. Basically, the things have been ruled a potential fire hazard and so Red Checkmark gracious put out a very flexible exchange policy. Basically if you had one of these devices you could exchange it for something else at no cost or keep it and use it at your own peril.

We can't really BE much more flexible here. You can literally exchange your Note 7 for ANY OTHER PHONE THAT WE CARRY. In addition, we are also offering a one time account credit as we recognize its time out of the customers day to return to the store and complete the exchange. How can we get SCs with that right? Well...

- First there was the guy who wanted me to permanently credit his account almost $1000 for the Note 7 in addition to getting a device exchange because we "sold him a f**king death trap".

- Then I had the lady who was "insulted" by our "meager" credit offer and immediately requested we triple it or she's going to Fast Run wireless.

- Then there was the guy who wanted me to not only transfer him to the CEO of Samsung (a completely different company), he also wanted me to somehow accomplish this WITHOUT putting him on hold.

- Then there were several people I talked to, all butthurt that Best Buy was being comabtive in honoring device exchanges at their store. I admit, these people have a right to be pissed off but when you purchased the phone at BEST BUY you need to take it up with them, not hassle us for credits and freebies. One of them even said he would "f**k up" the Best Buy manager if he wasn't allowed his exchange.

- And last but not least, the conspiracy theorists. There's been a lot of false/misleading information about this recall in the media and we don't exactly keep the TVs in the break room constantly tuned to CNN, MSNBC and Fox News so we're not privy to every new story or article that gets released.

The conspiracy theorists are of ours convinced that the phones are having issues NOT because of a manufacturing problem but because this is part of a deliberate effort by Samsung to eliminate certain high ranking individuals around the world (while making it look accidental of course!), funded entirely by some kind of UN shadow government cabal run by close associates of Barack Obama. You can't make this stuff up folks!

I am many things, stupid is not one of them

This one sent my red flags up from the beginning. Dude is triyng to activate a phone that he claims he bought off someone on Facebook but happens to be flagged as stolen. Funny that.

So, being the good manager I am, I thoroughly research the situation and discover something interesting: The serial number on the device in question matches one we sent him back in June. One that in fact, he told us he never got. Packages of course do get stolen off door steps and front porches but how odd that he suddenly has this phone that was apparently "lost" in transit? I wonder how that could have happened?

I go over all of this with him and vehemently denies everything, sticking to the Facebook story and cussing me out because I won't activate this phone.

Sorry buddy, game over and consider your account now flagged for Fraud/Equipment Gaming. Have fun with that.

(Low) Valued Customers

I've come to develop a healthy dislike for our prepaid customers. Well okay, SOME of our prepaid customers. I'm sure there are some sane people who use prepaid phones but I find my most entitled, whiny SC types are frequently prepaid.

Thus, I can only l laugh when they talk about how much of a "valued" customer they are and how much money they spend with us. I mean seriously, you're on a prepaid plan for $30 or $45/month. Yeah, that's so valuable, we'd be so hurt if you took your business elsewhere. Whatever would we do without your chump change going in our account each month??

Needless to say, I still treat these people nicely but the fact is, prepaid is prepaid. The policies are the policies and I'm not afforded the flexibiity for exceptions like I am with postpaid. Don't like the rules? Tough. Either go postpaid or accept the fact that prepaid is what it is.

The Steve Jobs Experience

Quick way to get on my shitlist: Call me up and throw an insane tantrum because of the high price of the iPhone 7 and the new fancy shmancy wireless headphones. After approximately 10 minutes of venting with liberal use of the F-word, tell me you "refuse to be treated like a bitch" and, given your history with us, you fully expect a deep discount on these products when they release.

How about NO!

Sorry, champ. Apple sets the prices for their products and we can't discount them because of our agreements with them. I can't drop the price of an iPhone even ONE PENNY let alone however "deep" this guy was looking for.

And now you're threatening to go to Death Star Wireless.

Well guess what dude? All carriers that offer the iPhone are bound by the Apple sales agreement, they can't give you a lower price either but by all means feel free to try.
    Also, I'm more than happy to give you Apples number if you want to call them to complain.

And after that he hung up. I guess maybe I should consider myself lucky he didn't demand I transfer him to Tim Cook.

Urge to kill rising...

This annoying, snotty woman I had the displeasure of speaking to last week was one of the worst SCs I've had in awhile. Of course, I can't see these people but judging by her voice and disposition she was early to mid 20s and very much a spoiled rich kid type.

Situation: She dropped her phone and broke it, but she doesn't have insurance. Thus, her only options are upgrade, add a line or third party (Amazon, Ebay,Craigslist, etc.).
    I explain this to her...

SC: So that means I'd have to like, pay money right?

Me: Yes, there would be a cost associated with these options.

SC: I don't understand why I have to like, pay money for the phone. We pay you guys hundreds of dollars each month.

Me: Your phone is broken and you do not have insurance. Of course, even if you had insurance there would be a deductible involved so either way you'd have to pay something.

SC: That's bullshit.

Me: Excuse me?

SC: What are you, deaf? I said that's bullshit. My daddy has been with you guys for like, 15 years and I'm sure he's spent thousands of thousands of dollars in that time. You need to give me a phone.

Me: I'm more than happy to assist you in ordering one but as I said, there would be a charge.

SC: No there won't.

Me: Yes, there will.

SC: Look, I don't think you realize who you are talking to, my daddy is the CEO at [tech company I've barely heard of] and he's got a lot of money and he can freaking ruin you. You need to give me a phone.

Me: Only if you pay for it.

SC: You know what? You're rude and unhelpful. I'm going to have my daddy call back and make you people give me a phone. He'll do it, you watch.

Me: He's welcome to try.

SC: Screw you. *CLICK*

Lord help me if I ever meet this woman in real life...
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 09-10-2016, 10:20 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

If your daddy has that much money he can just pay for a new phone

Unless she tried that and he's teaching her some responsibility...

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      You can't make this stuff up folks!
      Well, you could...

Lord help me if I ever meet this woman in real life...
      She's not a "woman", but an overgrown toddler. You should've sweet talked her like she was 4 years old. "Well, you see honey, things cost money to make, and when you get a new one, you have to pay for it, you see?"
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Absolutely LOVED the idiot trying to activate a phone he swears he never got. What, did he really think this would work?

And the spoiled princess is going to get butthurt when daddy isn't able to protect her from reality. I'll willing to bet she'll whine to daddy, whether or not daddy will actually call for spoiled princess or just give her the money to get her to shut up and go away is a coin toss....

Comment

It has been my experience the ones who make the most extravagant claims are the ones least able (or willing) to back those claims up. What 'rich' person buys an expensive phone and doesn't put insurance on it anyway?

Comment

You can't make this stuff up folks!
            It would seem that somebody can.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
              It has been my experience the ones who make the most extravagant claims are the ones least able (or willing) to back those claims up. What 'rich' person buys an expensive phone and doesn't put insurance on it anyway?
              At the risk of stating the obvious: Insurance is a money-maker. If somebody is not particularly clumsy and puts on a decent case, it totally makes sense to turn down insurance and pay for repairs/replacements as necessary. (Assuming you can scrape up the cash for a replacement.)

Really most cell-phone damage consists of a cracked screen, and it's not at all uncommon for that repair cost to be less than the insurance deductible. (Meaning your actual coverage for such an event is actually negative!) As an example, the Red Checkmark plan I pulled up costs $149 per repair as a deductible. Apple themselves will replace an iPhone 6 screen for $130, and of course you can probably find a 3rd party to do it for less.

My personal solution to this is to buy mid-range devices (my current phone is a Nexus 5X), but I recognize some people do want the bleeding edge.
              Last edited by sirwired; 09-11-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I am part of that recall, I had my phone 4 days when the announcement came out. Being that the red checkmark store is my second home, I walked in with a smile, asked what I was supposed to do, joked a bit and said I would come back in two weeks.

It isn't red checkmark's fault, Samsung is owning up to it and replacing the phones, you just need to be patient, let red checkmark get restocked then trade your phone. It is one battle nobody needed to pick to fight. It happens.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                  If your daddy has that much money he can just pay for a new phone

Unless she tried that and he's teaching her some responsibility...
                  I find it more likely that Daddy is one of those entitled, penny pinching rich folk types who, despite having a shit ton of money, still tries to wrangle all matter of freebies and discounts he can because in his messed up mind he has earned the right to special treatment.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                    At the risk of stating the obvious: Insurance is a money-maker. If somebody is not particularly clumsy and puts on a decent case, it totally makes sense to turn down insurance and pay for repairs/replacements as necessary. (Assuming you can scrape up the cash for a replacement.)

Really most cell-phone damage consists of a cracked screen, and it's not at all uncommon for that repair cost to be less than the insurance deductible. (Meaning your actual coverage for such an event is actually negative!) As an example, the Red Checkmark plan I pulled up costs $149 per repair as a deductible. Apple themselves will replace an iPhone 6 screen for $130, and of course you can probably find a 3rd party to do it for less.

My personal solution to this is to buy mid-range devices (my current phone is a Nexus 5X), but I recognize some people do want the bleeding edge.
                    True. I'm on my 3rd smartphone and not once have I had either a software of internal component issue. Come to think of it, I don't there there is even a blemish on either of the iPhone screens (3GS and 4S) and I didn't carry insurance on either of those phones.

*knocks on wood*

Right now, with a monthly installment payment on my new phone (Galaxy s7 edge) I'm paying 118 and some change every month for 2 lines. I decided to again forgo the insurance . . . . my phone wears a case and she has a new screen protector (which was replaced last month b/c the first one I put on when I got the phone developed a scuff mark on the screen) so I'm good to go.

My guess on little rich princess is that since she's not the one paying the bills, she's clueless on responsibility. Which is sad, because one day Daddy Moneybags won't be there to pay for her wants and, if she doesn't have a hubby sucker that will pay her bills, she's SOL.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      My guess on little rich princess is that since she's not the one paying the bills, she's clueless on responsibility. Which is sad, because one day Daddy Moneybags won't be there to pay for her wants and, if she doesn't have a hubby sucker that will pay her bills, she's SOL.
                      DGoddessChardonnay, shame on you! You've been here long enough to know she'll bitch, whine and moan until she gets what she wants in return for going the hell away!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        DGoddessChardonnay, shame on you! You've been here long enough to know she'll bitch, whine and moan until she gets what she wants in return for going the hell away!
                        As my mom likes to tell me "I like to dream."

Too bad she can't walk a month in my shoes . . . . she'd learn a thing or two.

But there again, Grandpa's measuring stick is an antique . . . I'd hate to break it over her head and it split in two.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The stick or her head?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            The stick or her head?
                            The stick of course - splitting the SC's head wouldn't have any effect, it being empty and all.
                            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                              The stick of course - splitting the SC's head wouldn't have any effect, it being empty and all.
                              and you'd damage a perfectly good stick

Comment

Working...
                              X