Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Samsung! ....and other atrocities.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

But there again, Grandpa's measuring stick is an antique . . . I'd hate to break it over her head and it split in two.
    Quoth eltf177 View Post
    The stick or her head?
    Yes.

*filler*
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ugh. I feel for you. It's sad people don't "get" how things work, as in Samsung isn't OWNED by Big Red Checkmark or any part of it, or that Apple won't allow discounts on their products.

The day of the Apple announcement, a CW emailed me a link, and went on a rant about how its just greed, and not right they are changing things, making you buy new headphones nad so on.

Mind you, she is the least techie person I know, so she isn't even in the market for any of these. She just thinks its an OUTRAGE for them to be doing this.

Well, a. no one is forcing you to buy anything, and b. as long as there are people who ARE willing to buy every new gadget the nanosecond they become available, along with every accessory needed to make it work, well, companies will continue to do what they're doing.

Do i think it stupid, yeah, maybe, but a. i don't use my phone for music, b. i have the 5S which is perfectly adequate for my needs and c. i'm cheap nad will use it until it dies.

Comment

I prefer being more direct with customers.

"well why didn't you buy any insurance if you're so rich it'd be like dropping $20 bills down a stripper's g-string?"

Comment

I really hope that Obama has better things to do than conspire with Samsung on a phone that will burn down your house. These people need something better to do with their time. And that crap of "you WILL reduce the price" comes out of those awful advice articles. It doesn't work.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
            It has been my experience the ones who make the most extravagant claims are the ones least able (or willing) to back those claims up. What 'rich' person buys an expensive phone and doesn't put insurance on it anyway?
            Nor put it in an Otterbox™?

I forced my DH to put his in an Otterbox™ after he dropped his work cell cracking the screen and had to get a new one. And since I'm one of two people at work who is authorized at the cell phone company I can push it. If the guys have to get anything for their phone the cell company calls me. New purchase? I have to hoof it down to the store and authorize it in person.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

And to think we aren't out of the woods as of yet on this whole Note 7 debacle.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/10...good-idea-too/
              New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
              New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth Demolition Man View Post
                And to think we aren't out of the woods as of yet on this whole Note 7 debacle.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/10...good-idea-too/
                Not surprising in the least.

I just logged into my Death Star account and went browsing at the current smartphones. They are only accepting in store exchanges now on the Note7.

As far as the other carrier go:

Short Run - shows the item as currently out of stock

PinkMobile - shows it's still for sale but there is a disclaimer posted about the recall

Red Checkmark - it seems as if they are still for sale online.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yep. I can't stand the spoiled princesses. We had one come in that wanted us to install a headlight bulb for her. We are a DIY auto parts store. The DIY is operative here. We sometimes help someone out if we aren't busy and it happens to be a vehicle that happens to be easy to change. When supervisor asked her what type of car she had she went on a tirade about how our customer service was terrible and she would just go to the guys two doors down. Princess didn't even know what type of car she has (Year, Make, Model). Our two horny single guys went out to help her out and looked up her VIN to figure out her car so that they could then figure out which bulb. After she threatened to go to Gold Shield, I would have shrugged my shoulders and wished her luck. Princess stood out by her car the entire time Dumb and Dumber tried to help her out. Once they finally figured out which bulb and were just about ready to install for her, Princess, screams, "You are wasting my time. I have an appointment with [Local Repair Guy] tomorrow." She slammed her hood down and drove off. I think that had Dumb and Dumber actually installed the bulb before she actually paid, she would have driven off and not paid.

Comment

Hopefully Dumb and Dumber have learned a lesson here...

Comment

Years ago I went into an auto parts store and bought an air filter for my car. The young man behind the cash register told me, "We can't put this in for you." To which I told him, "I can put it in myself. It's not that hard." Seriously, it was (a) take off the butterfly nut, (b) take off the top of the air filter housing, (c) take out the old air filter, (d) put in a new air filter, and (e) put the top of the air filter housing back on and put the butterfly nut back on and tighten it. Took me longer to type up the steps than to actually do the job. Back when I was single I must have looked like an easy mark, but I got smart and bought Chilton's auto repair manuals for the cars I had during that era. Saved me a fortune and taught me how to do some of the routine maintenance myself.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        Not surprising in the least.

I just logged into my Death Star account and went browsing at the current smartphones. They are only accepting in store exchanges now on the Note7.

As far as the other carrier go:

Short Run - shows the item as currently out of stock

PinkMobile - shows it's still for sale but there is a disclaimer posted about the recall

Red Checkmark - it seems as if they are still for sale online.
                        Well, now Samsung have officially 'killed' the Note7, I'm sure all the carriers will have loads of fun with the customers complaining. Thank god the network I work for never received any

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                          Hopefully Dumb and Dumber have learned a lesson here...
                          They were thinking with the wrong head...
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            They were thinking with the wrong head...
                            We guys really need to stop doing that...

Comment

Well, ya see, we wound up with two heads, but only enough blood to run one of them at a time...
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

https://consumerist.com/2016/10/13/s...ement-devices/

It's official, not only are all Note 7's being recalled but their replacements as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X