This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can neither confirm nor deny that colour

I'm delivering some chairs to a customer. They immediately point out that the colour of the fabric is wrong, they were expecting grey and these ones have more of a beige tint to them. I've been in this game long enough to know to keep my mouth shut, so I just smile and let them know that I'll write it up, and the dealer will contact them and sort it out. The customer is really nice and cool about it, but she keeps a friendly conversation going on about the topic. My co-workers confirm that they do look a little beige. She even shows me a photo of the chairs she was expecting and it's clearly a picture of dark grey fabric. With that I have no choice but to admit that it definately doesn't match. But things are cool here, like I said she was very nice and satisfied that the dealer will make it right.

So the next day I get an email from the dealer regarding this interaction with the client. He's trying to tell her that the colour is correct, and we have put him in a bad spot because we told her that they look beige. He goes on to admit that it's an unique colour that does have a beige tint to it, but that we shouldn't tell a customer that it is one colour or another, we should leave it to him.

So anytime a customer asks for an opinion of a colour, we have to tell them "I cannot confirm nor deny that it is the colour you have asked, these details must be confirmed by the company representative with whom your order was placed". Yeah, that sounds like something that reputable dealers, people with nothing to hide will say. That won't make us look like complete idiots at all.

I didn't even bother replying to this dumbass, I let my office handle him.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I can't think of anything snarky to say about the dealer because I'm too busy laughing. Holy Cow!!!

Comment

The color is classified, if I told you it was gray I'd have to kill you.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

The part that really boggles my mind is that the dealer is trying to convince the customer that the color [sorry, colour] is correct, instead of trying to make things right. And then blaming you for it, as if it was your fault that the colour was wrong.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

The dealer was blaming Homer not for the colour being wrong, but for confirming the client's observation that it was wrong, rather than spewing a line of BS that what appeared to be beige was actually dark grey in order to cover up the dealer's mistake in shipping the wrong colour of furniture.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

One of my girlfriends did house painting for a living in a wealthy area and before she'd put brush or roller to walls, she'd get the customers color choices, paint sample boards, multiple ones and hang them on different walls of the same room and let them know she'd leave it there a few days so they could be sure of their paint color choice (the same paint color could look very different on a different wall in the same room during certain times of the day). She'd then get them to initial their color choices several times.
            She never had one single client belly ache about her having the wrong paint color. It was a pain but it saved her headaches.
            I'd feel so dumb to have to say that in the OP,though.

Comment

I think we can all agree the dealer is being annoying, so I'm going to pick on the customer. You guys are movers, why keep asking you if you think the color is wrong? I'm easily ticked off by this because I run into it so often at my work. People bring me fabric and want me to match it, or tell them if they think something goes with something else. "Which do you think goes better? Which would you pick?" I know they aren't being intentionally sucky, but good lord, it's not my project, it's not my business! Make a decision.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Just remember, the chair is available in any color colour you like, as long as it's gray beige [redacted] [redacted] [expunged]

greige?
                Goofy music!
                Old tech junk!

Comment

I"m sorry, you aren't cleared for the class of drugs required to be ingested to see that color, Ma'm.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth bloo View Post
                    One of my girlfriends did house painting for a living in a wealthy area and before she'd put brush or roller to walls, she'd get the customers color choices, paint sample boards, multiple ones and hang them on different walls of the same room and let them know she'd leave it there a few days so they could be sure of their paint color choice (the same paint color could look very different on a different wall in the same room during certain times of the day). She'd then get them to initial their color choices several times.
                    She never had one single client belly ache about her having the wrong paint color. It was a pain but it saved her headaches.
                    I'd feel so dumb to have to say that in the OP,though.
                    You reminded me of a sighting I had one time. The painters did the office and the paint didn't match the swatch perfectly. We're talking about the slightest of slight variations, but this bitch threw a fit and demanded that the office be repainted. I don't know how this one worked out, but I felt so sorry for the painters who had to put up with it.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    The dealer was blaming Homer not for the colour being wrong, but for confirming the client's observation that it was wrong, rather than spewing a line of BS that what appeared to be beige was actually dark grey in order to cover up the dealer's mistake in shipping the wrong colour of furniture.
                    As far as I could tell from the email, the colour was correct, as in they got what the asked for. The problem was with the photo he took - I don't know if it was the lighting, the camera or whatever factor it was, but it clearly showed a dark grey fabric. (At best this fabric was a light grey with a beige tinge to it). But you take a photo, look at it, look at what you intended to photograph, and if you've got this kind of difference, do something about it. Maybe he just took a photo of the wrong chair.

I just find it hilarious that rather than just saying "that's their opinion" and moving on, he's choosing to say that we gave the customer ammunition that she is able to use against him.
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

EH, if you need an excuse to not comment on colors, tell them you are slightly color blind.
                      I am, and I can't see the numbers on like the first two color blind test charts - the rest are fine. So I can mostly see color (I was 20 before I realized), but it definitely throws off my color perception. My wife knows better than to ask my opinion on anything color related.
                      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                        You reminded me of a sighting I had one time. The painters did the office and the paint didn't match the swatch perfectly. We're talking about the slightest of slight variations, but this bitch threw a fit and demanded that the office be repainted. I don't know how this one worked out, but I felt so sorry for the painters who had to put up with it.
                        When she left for the evening, I'd have taken a roller to the swatch. But that's me.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                          My wife knows better than to ask my opinion on anything color related.
                          My mom has learned to take the same precaution with me. Never been tested for CB -- It's more of a "I don't CARE about subtle color differences" in my case. If you show me white, bright white, eggshell, and half a dozen similar variants for the sake of comparison and then ask for my advice, I'm gonna say, "Those are all white. Pick one and be done with it"
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            My mom has learned to take the same precaution with me. Never been tested for CB -- It's more of a "I don't CARE about subtle color differences" in my case. If you show me white, bright white, eggshell, and half a dozen similar variants for the sake of comparison and then ask for my advice, I'm gonna say, "Those are all white. Pick one and be done with it"
                            There's a male stereotype that men only see in 16-bit colors. Like they can identify purple but eggplant is a vegetable and they've *never* heard of puce.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                              When she left for the evening, I'd have taken a roller to the swatch.
                              But would you have used a brush to paint the Rolex?

Quoth bloo View Post
                              There's a male stereotype that men only see in 16-bit colors. Like they can identify purple but eggplant is a vegetable and they've *never* heard of puce.
                              Ironic name for someone commenting about colours.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X