Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really match any of those -- the closest I have is that my mom (original last name: Martini) was introduced to my dad by a lady whose last name was Champagne.
    Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    so the nickname would be Hammy.
    That's just asking for the kid to get picked on/beat up at school. Did this person not remember what school kids are like?!?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The woman who did the flowers at my wedding was named Tonie (last name). A year later, she got married, to a man who was named (first name) Tony. So she became Tonie Tony. I kid you not!

It's one thing if you're stuck with the name your parents gave you, but to deliberately do something like that? I would've kept my maiden name

Comment

I know some one named Kraut and his son's name is Kermit.
        "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          I have another cousin who would have been named Hamish if she had been a boy, .
          And he would have won the 50th Annual Hunger Games
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
            One day one of the contract transcriptionists called me up and told me, "I don't understand this. I keep hearing 'Colonel Klink' in this report." Actually, it was correct. Colonel Klink at our hospital was a plastic surgeon.
            Did his assistant know nothing, Nothing, NOTHING?

Quoth gerund View Post
            My doctor at that time was Doctor Richard (Dick) Turpin.
            If he had been in the U.S. rather than a country with publcly-funded healthcare, would his fees have been considered highway robbery?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Urgh curse you for getting that ear worm in my ear. -_-
              we have to see ID and I've seen Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, Harry Osborn, Micheal Jackson, Brad Pitt, they were all just customers with well known names. I remember I even saw a Barb Bee. Some names just have only one letter, like T. No it wasn't an initial.
              But I was most surprised by someone with my own name! My real name is very uncommon (all thru school I never met anyone with it) , so to have both first and last names the same...wow.
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Years ago, there was a candidate for local elected office named Paul Nus.

Wisely, he went by his first name, not his first initial.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  SC: Ken D-A-H-L

Riiiiight. If this is a legit name, I feel sorry for Ken.
                  It is. Wikipedia.

Comment

No one's doubting the legitimacy of the last name. But when you have two non-guests walk into the lobby saying they're visiting a friend (heard this a million times) and you start to doubt the legitimacy of the name of their friend. Not surprisingly, most of these non-guests don't even know the name of their friend. But in this case, it seemed like they were pulling the name out of their ass, and not even trying to sound believable.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Erickai they were really big baby blues fans. My biggest thing is this was my uncle Hyrum's kids. They were really close to going full dugger on us.

Comment

It could always be worse. I know a guy named Richard Small...who for some reason...prefers to be called Dick. Let that sink in for a bit
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ken Dahl is the main character in Air Force Blues http://farvatoons.com/
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My mom had a friend years ago, who gave birth to a boy. When asked what name she'd chosen for him, she said Jesse. The problem? Her last name was James.
                            Seph
                            Taur10
                            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

AFB is back? Sweet! I could have sworn he had gone on indefinite hiatus shore leave. Seems I have some binging to do.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                                In Cairns, North Queensland there were two doctors in the one building. One was a urologist called "Doctor Splatt" and the other a gynecologist called "Doctor Curette"
                                I wonder if that Dr Splatt is related to the old Dr Splatt that was also a urologist in Brisbane a few years back. He shared rooms with a Dr Spork...

The big northside hospital also had a Dr Death (pronounced Dee-ath) and a Sister Slaughter. We also had a Dr Hack, a general surgeon, who lived up to that name fairly well.

One of the ol' gals that I worked with there remembered a family she knew. The Downes family. Eileen, Ben and Stan. You see, we often had patients with really odd names, and she mentioned them after we had some particularly egregious names coming through.

Comment

Working...
                                X