This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General minor suckiness at closing time

So at 6 p.m. this past Sunday, the folks on that shift rolled the grill across the storefront for the last time. Can't quite decide whether I'm or about it. A bit of both, I suppose.

We had some minor suckiness ... people asking "What are you doing with the tea you don't sell?" Obviously hoping for "Oh, we're just gonna give it away on Monday. Drop in and see what you can score!"

The answer was "Sending it to other stores that aren't closing yet." (We did get some free tea ... and that's a story in itself ... but hey, we worked there. Sorry 'bout you. The stuff was 75% off for the last week or so!)

We sold tea from jumbo, tightly covered canisters. We had several people asking if they could buy the canisters. We were getting mixed replies from upper management (big surprise) but it finally boiled down to "No." I don't know why. Eventually the whole chain will be gone; who cares where the friggin' canisters go??

The worst one was one woman who would not take "No" for an answer. She asked me ... and then a coworker ... and then the manager on duty ... and then another coworker ...

She remained polite but really REALLY persistent. Sorry, lady, in this particular case persistence gets you nowhere.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero
Working...
X