This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmer down there...

One of my responsibilities is scheduling interviews for (paid) mentors. I've managed to get a whopping FIVE candidates lined up for interviews over the next two weeks, with two of those actually being recommended by mentors who haven't done any work for us recently!

Well, due to a sudden unexpected turn of events, I had to reschedule this guy for an interview (nothing too bad, I just wanted him in before a meeting we had rather than after). So I pick up the phone and get through to him and I could almost practically feel his excitement coming through on the phone. Got him sorted and he was happy to do an earlier session...

Then he asks me if I'll be interviewing him!

I had to tell him no, I wasn't and explained who was, which he seemed OK with. Turns out he's actually an alumni of ours (and one of my colleagues backed out from interviewing him for that reason) and he was just as keen then as he is now!

Judging by his CV, if he can blow through the interview tomorrow, he's likely a yes, but I might need to watch him a little...

(The fact that we have five candidates lined up for interview isn't a new phenomenon, but it's the first time since I've started that the five we've got lined up are likely to all be hired by us )

And update on the interviews:

So out of the five candidates we've got lined up so far:

One has been hired by us and will be starting in the new year.

One candidate will be a yes pending reference checks.

One candidate is a maybe pending reference checks.

And Mr. Excited in my original post is a maybe depending on what Super manager says.

Comment

Working...
    X