Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The amazing, magically appearing money!

It always amazes me how customers who haven't paid their bill for a couple of months can somehow almost IMMEDIATELY find the money to do so AFTER their services get suspended.

Funny how not being able to access things that are important to you is such a good motivator.

We're not talking meager amounts here either. I've seen accounts who have paid less than $300 a month cough up $1000 plus for the bill after a non pay suspension. People tend to reaalllly not like it when their phones stop working.

And then of course we get the folks who literally BEG us to turn their phones back on.

Sure! Pay us money and we'll get right on that!

Oh, you can only pay $50 today? DENIED! When you get suspended you must pay the WHOLE PAST DUE AMOUNT. The system is hardwired to only allow service restoral if at LEAST that amount is paid.

Oh, you want a credit because we're being unfair to you/inconveniencing you/costing you money? GET LOST.

If YOU aren't paying YOUR bill for services rendered then you're the one costing US money. There are NO EXCUSES for this. No customer service rep is going to take pity on you for not paying your bill.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

BUT, But, but

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    Oh, you want a credit because we're being unfair to you/inconveniencing you/costing you money? GET LOST.

If YOU aren't paying YOUR bill for services rendered then you're the one costing US money. There are NO EXCUSES for this. No customer service rep is going to take pity on you for not paying your bill.
    But they are losing thousands of dollars a day without that phone, they are losing out on big amounts of money - not that misery little bill you are complaining about.

Comment

What makes it worse, is the red checkmark makes it really easy to autopay. They give plenty of warning too so you can make sure the money is in the account. So, there's not much excuse for missing a payment.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Same goes with repossessions on cars. Do you know how much MORE you have to pay if you let your car get repo'd? A huge chunk of fees from the bank, and on top of that, any storage fees that the towing company might need. Plus, once your car has been taken, you have to pay the loan, not just current, but AHEAD by two months as part of getting the car back.

So much cheaper not to let it get that far.

But you know exactly how the money comes about, too often. Some high risk lender: cash advance place or online insane-rates-are-us place lends the funds. That or a relative.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          But...if they make so much money with their phones, why don't they have it to pay the phone company? Puzzling over that one...

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
            What makes it worse, is the red checkmark makes it really easy to autopay. They give plenty of warning too so you can make sure the money is in the account. So, there's not much excuse for missing a payment.
            When I eventually switched over to the Red Checkmark, I made sure that I setup autopay so that it is one less thing I have to worry about every month. Not really hard to do, either.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
              When I eventually switched over to the Red Checkmark, I made sure that I setup autopay so that it is one less thing I have to worry about every month. Not really hard to do, either.
              YES. This. Exactly.

I kind of wish companies would make autopay mandatory, or at least dang hard to refuse. Unfortunately, too many of them have turned late fees into a tidy little profit center (and don't give a rat's patoot about the employees who have to deal with the people after they are cut off.)

Comment

Working...
              X