Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and blah, blah, blah, blah ....

Lately we've had an annual special going on: you buy a medium-sized "holiday" drink before 2 p.m. and if you bring the receipt back after 2 p.m., you can get two medium-sized "holiday" drinks for the price of one. It says so on the bottom of the receipt.

Enter Whiny Grumpy Old Fart, who brings his receipt back and wants one medium-sized "Holiday" drink and one large NON-"Holiday" drink.

You can see where this is going, right ...

Me: "I'm sorry, sir, but the second drink also has to be a "Holiday" drink."

He starts arguing so I call over the manager on duty, who repeats what I've just told him.

Cue the bitching and whining.

"What! Where does it say that!! [MOD shows him at bottom of receipt.] I don't care! Don't bother me with your politics! I should be able to get what i want! argleblargleblahblahblah ..."

MOD finally told him she would give him his longed-for drink for free "this one time."

Yeah, right. Rewarding bad behaviour much?

And don't ask me what "politics" has to do with his coffee; I have no clue.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I am so tired of people not reading and when confronted throwing a fit. We run into that with contracts but when someone accepts what I'm saying I'm fine with that. Throw a fit and I'll reason with you for a little while but after that I'm pawning you off on Collections or Legal. I don't have the clearance to say Just this once.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
    X