This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Kindle to Get?

I've decided to get a Kindle. I have a whole bookshelf of books and love reading so I think getting a Kindle would be better since the books are cheaper and it'd save a ton of physical space.

Since I have my laptop, I clearly don't need one where I can surf the web and stuff. I just need one that I can read books on. Which would be the best option for that?
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Well, mine is the keyboard 3G, I bought it 2 or 3 years ago so it's not the latest version, but it works fine for my needs. I just wanted to read, like you. It does have wireless so I can connect to Amazon to buy more books, if I can't wait until I get home to my laptop I've been thinking about upgrading to the Fire, because it has color, but I don't know yet if I will.

You can go to Amazon to check out the different features on the various models.

(Once you get one, check out the custom leather cases on Oberon Design. They're pricey but worth every penny.)
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

get a nook
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I love my Kindle touch. Books automatically sync so I can read them on my phone or on my computer. Also I can upload my DRM free books to my Amazon's Kindle account or I can email them to my Kindle. I had a Sony Reader, but the Sony reader store was awful, and their selection was poor.

One thing about the Kindle touch is that in needs an external light for dim lighting... I am really thinking about upgrading to a Kindle Paperwhite.
        Last edited by It's me; 01-20-2013, 04:35 AM.
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

The Paperwhite is probably your best bet, as at least you can read in the dark with it, if necessary.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            I've been thinking about upgrading to the Fire, because it has color, but I don't know yet if I will.

You can go to Amazon to check out the different features on the various models.

(Once you get one, check out the custom leather cases on Oberon Design. They're pricey but worth every penny.)
            I <3 my Kindle Fire. Most of the time I'm using it as a radio when I'm not using it to read books, because I also <3 the TuneIn Radio App.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              get a nook
              I love my nook
              As soon as I start thinking
              That I'm sensible and sane
              The Random Hedgehog comes along
              And fiddles with my Brain
              (from card I got)

Comment

I got the Kindle Paperwhite with 3G. I love it.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I also did this on your recommendation. I really like it and think it was a great idea. Thanks!
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                  I got the Kindle Paperwhite with 3G. I love it.
                  I have the standard paperwhite(and love it, previously had the kindle keyboard standard), simply because anywhere there is 3G coverage I can turn my smartphone into a wi-fi hotspot, so the 3G is kind of unnecessary for me.
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I have a firstgen fire and i love it. If you get a fire spring the extra cash for no ads...

Comment

I got a Kindle Fire HD 7 as a Christmas present from my parents. I love it. Make sure you get a case for it. The screen seems to get dirty easily other wise. Also if you want a charger that plugs into the wall you have to order it separately. The Kindle comes with a USB charger. I ordered my wall charger through monoprice. com and it was much cheaper than buying it at a store.

Comment

So, for those getting a Kindle Fire, I got this article in one of my newsletters this morning on Cool Cases for the Kindle Fire (PC Mag).

Some of the cases are pretty cool, with one that is book-bound with a bamboo tray, another made to look like a composition notebook, and the ubiquitous Otter Box, among others.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X