This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'bout a Kobo?

I was just looking at the posts about a Kindle ... my local Big Box Bookstore carries Kobos and they are at a price I can afford (I believe there's one around $79 and another around $99).

Anybody know anything good or bad about the Kobo?

I have the app on the iPad. I don't often find books I want on it.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      Anybody know anything good or bad about the Kobo?
      Reviews here for the top ten-it's rated lower than a kindle(of which the cheapest is under $70)-they also have a "configurator" to help you figure out which ereader is the best fit for what you want.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Thanks, guys. I won't be buying anything until the much-appreciated tax refund comes in, so, BlaqueKatt, I'll check out that link.

Comment

I've been using a Kobo for a few years now. They seem more popular up here in Canada, since they have Chapters (our main bookstore chain) behind them.

I've been using a Kobo touch and have had no issues with it. Easy to read, responsive enough and good for novel reading at least.

My main issue I suppose might be in library organization, since it only lists books by title or author. I'd love a way to have a series sort/search option, as well as a way to easily see a 'back cover blurb' summary.

Beyond the support it gets up here, I've found it is very Other Format friendly. I've tossed a bunch of other file format types on it, and its handled it without batting an eye. Some of the types have had issues, but it does its best to handle them

Comment

Working...
          X