This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosplayers and Hair People, HALP!!

This year for Halloween, I am dressing up as Cloud Strife, Advent Children uniform. This is by far the most complex and expensive costume I've attempted (building the Buster Sword is going to be....fun >.<), so I'm trying to save where I can. So that I don't have to buy a wig, I'd like to spike my own hair, but I don't know what kind of gel is best to use for something like that. Also, being female, my hair is probably longer than is ideal for that particular hairstyle. Right now it's layered starting about cheek length and going to the base of my neck, which is quite a bit shorter than I've had it in the past. It's also very fine and very, very straight.

-So what sort of gel should I use? I tried some hair wax, but my practice spike just kinda, flopped over. Maybe I need stronger hair wax, or heavy-duty gel or Aquanet?
    -Should I apply it to wet or dry hair, clean or dirty?
    -And how many times am I going to have to wash my hair to get all the gel out?
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

I second the dirty hair recommendation.

In terms of hair products, I'm not sure if they have it in the States, but there's a product called Garnier Fructis Manga something or other. It's meant to have a heap of hold.

Wanna guess why it's called MANGA?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I think Got2B has a hair glue in a yellow bottle. Otherwise, sugar starch is safe to use on hair. You can simply google a recipe for it; use the term as I have it there.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X