This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraising Ideas Anyone?

Long story short, I have been invited to attend an Engineering program in China. I need to raise money so I can leave some money in the bank when I go. I know there are the fundraising candy boxes, but what else can I do on my own? I looked up fundraising ideas and it's all group things such as car washes, bake sales, clothing drives, 5 mile runs, and the like. I can't seem to find anything that a person can do solo.

Please help save my bank account (and future college tuition)
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

What about something involving your art? You could raffle off a chance to win a custom picture (with firm rules as to what kind of art, if you want; nothing X-rated, etc.).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Custom art is a good idea. The other option is to ask people to sponsor your trip. Each set amount gets the donor a hand written letter describing what you are doing with the time that they sponsor you. Also, you can send a letter to friends, family and other people asking them to help you make this dream come true. There are companies that will help sponsor trips like this. Ask everyone and their brother for the money that you need to make this trip happen.

Comment

Alternately, what about a sponsored <something>?

It could be anything from a sponsored walk to a sponsored swim.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Have you considered one of the crowd-funding sites?

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            What about something involving your art? You could raffle off a chance to win a custom picture (with firm rules as to what kind of art, if you want; nothing X-rated, etc.).
            I wouldn't know how to start something like that.

Quoth Shpepper View Post
            Custom art is a good idea. The other option is to ask people to sponsor your trip. Each set amount gets the donor a hand written letter describing what you are doing with the time that they sponsor you. Also, you can send a letter to friends, family and other people asking them to help you make this dream come true. There are companies that will help sponsor trips like this. Ask everyone and their brother for the money that you need to make this trip happen.
            Where could I go to find a sponsor? My family members are about as poor as I am, so they're out which leaves strangers. And I don't know how to ask strangers for money.

Quoth fireheart View Post
            Alternately, what about a sponsored <something>?

It could be anything from a sponsored walk to a sponsored swim.
            I tried using Facebook to rally together some other students who are going to set up a group event. No dice. I didn't get even one reply.
            Answers: $1
            Correct Answers: $2
            Answers that require thought: $5
            Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Working...
            X