Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe Possibly Considering Starting A WebComic....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry about your drawing, it doesn't have to be terribly good. One of my favorite comics is Schlock Mercenary, and the art on that started out terribly.

The most important thing, in my mind, is keeping to your update schedule. The number one reason I stop reading a comic is when they don't update regularly, or they miss updates without telling me. You don't have to update frequently, but you do have to update on time. (Although if you do update less often than 2 or 3 times a week, make sure there is significant story advancement when you update.)
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      The most important thing, in my mind, is keeping to your update schedule. The number one reason I stop reading a comic is when they don't update regularly, or they miss updates without telling me. You don't have to update frequently, but you do have to update on time. (Although if you do update less often than 2 or 3 times a week, make sure there is significant story advancement when you update.)
      My biggest problem will be time management. Starting next week, I'll have class 4 days a week and work 5 days a week. I'll have 2 1/2 days to draw and I'm a slow drawer
      Answers: $1
      Correct Answers: $2
      Answers that require thought: $5
      Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
        My biggest problem will be time management. Starting next week, I'll have class 4 days a week and work 5 days a week. I'll have 2 1/2 days to draw and I'm a slow drawer
        So update once a week, or once every two weeks. Make sure you have a good backlog before you start posting, that way if you can't draw one week, you don't miss an update. If you find yourself with free time another week, get extra done.

I'm willing to forgive some shakiness in update schedule, there's only one comic I read that's never missed an update, just don't make a habit of not posting when you say you're going to.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I don't mind spotty update records if the artist is communicative.

Several of the artists I like have active Twitter accounts and post regular progress updates to let people know they haven't abandoned it.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            I don't mind spotty update records if the artist is communicative.

Several of the artists I like have active Twitter accounts and post regular progress updates to let people know they haven't abandoned it.

^-.-^
            That I can do :3

Comment

*Minor Update*

I'm working on my character ref sheets and posting on DA as I go I feel inspired!!!

Comment

Working...
              X