Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm beginning to think my shoes aren't the problem...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping that my experience working on the train this summer will be enough of a resume booster to help me get a good job with good benefits when I return home. That way, I can see the podiatrist and get other niggling issues taken care of.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

First thing that comes to mind is plantar fasciitis - definitely get your feet checked by a podiatrist to be sure.
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

i was on the local base the other day for an airshow and a health fair when i thought about this thread....

one of the kiosks at the health fair portion had a foot thing going on. they had this thing that ... not sure what to call it really. It was a long plastic "book" and on the inside was a metal "page" with an ink pad on one side. they would lay a piece of paper down on the inside of the book and close the ink pad so that the metal side was facing up.

the idea was that you would walk up to it, being sure to step on the metal part with one foot and keep on walking a few steps. then they'd put a new piece of paper in, turn the book thing around and you'd walk again but step on it with the other foot.

the result - without getting your feet dirty, you could get two impressions of how you walked to see what kind of pressure you had where, and how your arches were.

not surprisingly my feet are not flat exactly, but i do need arch support. which i've known for a long ass time anyway. so for me, harder arches in my shoes. or... in a nut-shell, the shoes i've been picking out are pretty much the right kind for my feet.

the test of course was free. i mean it's part of the health fair. but i'm sure if you can get it done it shouldn't really cost much. nothing high-tech there. can't hurt to ask at least

Comment

Hmm, that test might be worth looking into. I know that according to the Dr. Scholls test I have flat feet and high pressure. And I wonder why my feet hurt more often than not
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

If you have access to a running store you might be able to get a free fitting. The reason I mention it is cause roomie and I went to Fleet Feet looking for a case for my iPhone and left after a free fitting. We found out my left foot rolls inwards when I walk which is part of why my left knee hurts when I run. Both of roomie's feet roll in. If it's something related to your feet or how you walk this might help find out why and how to fix it.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

It's worth noting that flat feet are not necessarily a problem. Many people have flat feet with no other complications. That said, they can cause problems, so it's best to have them checked out properly by a professional to determine whether any work is necessary.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X