Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'You don't agree with me; you must hate my son!' (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth 24601 View Post
    He's 42 and needs to grow up still. He's the type to throw a snit about nothing and hold grudges without telling the person he's mad at them.
    I can't stand people like that. It was one of those people who caused me to lose one of my best friends (who is currently dating the man-child and has apparently lost his spine!)

If you're mad at me, for whatever reason, tell me and talk to me like an adult so that we can discuss it. That jerk apparently just went to the other people in the apartment "She's no longer allowed in this apartment" which left me sitting there going, "Uhm, they pay rent too asshole, you don't get sole judge and jury on who is allowed into the apartment."

Sorry, way off tangent on that, still get so frustrated about it.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Ten-cent psych diagnosis*:

If B was a sweet kid when she was younger, I can only think that she's gotten in way over her head and feels overwhelmed. She's frustrated, scared and trying to bluff her way through being a parent and a military wife. She's unsure of everything, so when someone questions her decisions, she strikes out rather than admit to uncertainty and fear, because that would crack the facade and people might think she's not doing a good job as mother and wife. She's probably jealous of your freedom (no kids, no husband who's going somewhere he might get shot at) and the fun you have with your friends and family.

Unfortunately, she's building a wall around herself and pushing away her support system--her family and friends. She's going to be very lonely pretty soon when nobody wants to put up with her Prima Donna act anymore. She's probably also too immature to say she's sorry.

*I am not doctor. I just like to try to figure people out.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just had a thought after reading this a second...okay more then second time... What does G say all about this?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          I just had a thought after reading this a second...okay more then second time... What does G say all about this?
          G thinks about the same as a lot of the input I've gotten here; B is scared but is lashing out at anyone who might want to help her. But see, it's easier for her to be pissed at ME and blame me for her problems because I'm not someone she needs in her life and I'm so many states away. In her mind, I'm sure it wasn't a huge risk to lash out at me; she wouldn't face retribution like she would with my parents or her parents - she can't risk alienating them because she'll need them if she wants a free place to stay if she moves back to have the 2nd baby. She'll also need them for free babysitting, help with $, etc. She might have thought that everyone would side with her because hey, she's lived there longer! She probably did NOT think through that the rest of the family would NOT agree with her and that she's burned 2-more bridges than she planned. Well, maybe just the bridge with my parents, because I don't think my sister will shut her out, if only for the sake of the children. Isn't that how it always is? But things will be pretty frosty for a while I'm sure.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

So she gets mad at family members who are keeping her child from getting run over when he wanders into the street because she is too busy being a prima donna to actually watch her own damn child?

Gee, I wonder what would happen if a careless or distracted driver actually DID hit the kid. "How could you all let that happen? Why weren't you watching him?"

This woman takes zero personal responsibility for her actions and thinks that the world, and definitely her family, owes her everything, while she owes them nothing. She is getting a reality check on that from her family now, and I have no doubt that the military and the rest of the world will soon chime in as well.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Moreover, she is not an adult, she's an overgrown spoiled brat, a neglectful parent and a wanna-be diva (am I channeling Jester here, or what?)
            No, not quite. Because, if I was in full-on Jester mode, I might have referred to as something like "a bitchopotamus full of fury and thunder signifying nothing." Or perhaps "a raving diva bitch who needs to pull her head out of her ass before she shits all over her new hairdo." You know, something classy like that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, Jester, we can't all go at it full bore like you do, gimme some time to crank up the engine here!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                I have no patience for people like this. She made her bed with her despicable behavior; she can lie in it when the time comes. You did the right thing cutting her and her sister off. No one needs that kind of drama.

If she eventually she comes back pleading for forgiveness you have every right to say no, but of course it depends on whether you want to be involved with them again. No matter what happens I don't think she'll change her parenting style and when she has two kids running into the street and being pains-in-the-ass. Poor kids.
                Agreed. I didn't see you doing anything that called for criticism, and certainly nothing that called for behaviour like hers. Those who say she's probably afraid and lashing out at everybody to convince people (and herself) that everything's fine are probably right. Unfortunately it's backfired on her bigtime. Whether she will be big enough to apologize remains to be seen. Wouldn't bet the rent money on it, though.

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                Sometimes I'm grateful my own family was never close enough for everyone to make the effort to all get together at one time. There's always been plenty of drama just from individuals that do get together now and then, I shudder to think what would happen if everyone tried to vacation together or even have a "reunion". Sigh.
                Same here! We had more than enough feuds going on at a distance -- if any misguided relative had managed to set up a family get-together I suspect the Army would've had to be called out to restore order ...

Comment

Working...
                X