Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to use my old avatar, but can't get it sized correctly. Please forgive my lack of computer-savvy, but if someone could help me, I would be quite grateful.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

if you pm it to me, or give me a link, I'll see what I can do.
    Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Yes, I had a cute avatar on the old site. Can I get it back or is it lost to history?
      Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead
        Can I get it back or is it lost to history?
        Yes you Can get it back Just pm Raps with the details and he should be able to help you
        Last edited by Ringman; 07-08-2006, 04:21 AM.

Comment

XCashier:

You can send the avatar as an attachment to my address at the photo album and I'll resize it for you, then send it back.

cspic@gingerbredman.com

Same goes for any other member
          >++++++++[<+++++++++>-]<+.>>>++++[<++++++++>-]<.<++++++[<++++++>-]<+.>+++[<--->-]<..-.>>.<<---.>>.<+++[<+++>-]<++.---.---.-.>+++++[<----------->-]<.

Comment

I did save avatars from the previous site, so email me and ask for what you want - need a fairly accurate description, sonce there were quite a few.

Rapscallion

Comment

Thank goodness I changed my av... and kept it safe in my pictures, ready to be reuploaded.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

For image resizing, I generally use a freeware program called IrfanView. It does a great job in resizing pictures. Will also convert from one format to another.

The other great part about that program, is it will let you save a gif with an transparent color.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth toolbert
                  if you pm it to me, or give me a link, I'll see what I can do.
                  Thank you for your help, and the picture came out fine, but when I tried to upload it, I got this message: "Your file of 33.9 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype." That seems awfully tiny.

When Raps dug up my old avatar address and I tried to upload it, I got "Invalid URL". I guess I'm out of luck.
                  My LiveJournal

Comment

I uploaded it for you. Hmm - may be a mod allowed to uplaod larger thing. Bug me and I'll investigate when I get chance.

Rapscallion

Comment

Thank you Raps! You're a peach!
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

Well, I'm fuzzy...

Rapscallion

Comment

While I see the original problem is diverted I'll add this:

Most people have a program called Paint.
                          Open the image in Paint, go to Image>stretch/skew. This opens a window that at the top says:

Stretch:
                          Horizontal- 100%
                          Vertical- 100%

You can change those numbers. To make the image smaller you might enter 80% and 80%- to make it larger you might put in 120% and 120%. It's important to change both numbers the same amount or your pic will look squished or stretched out of shape.

Once you've done this you can go to Image>Attributes and it will tell you the size of your pic (ie- 100x100).

If your image is the wrong size still go to Edit>Undo and then back to Image>Stretch/skew and try again.

Not undoing what you've done before messing with the image further occasionally causes that 'pixely' look.
                          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                          HellGate: London

Comment

I couldn't upload mine. Raps, do you still have one of a ringneck dove's head? That was mine.
                            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Um - you have one that looks like a bird. Is that the one?

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X