This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read forums showing as unread

Pretty self explanatory. It's doing it with the "Sightings" forum and now "Cursing out Coworkers" too. I've read everything in those forums, anything in any stickied threads, no dice. My cookies are set to clear when I close FF, so no cookie problems. It shows all the threads as being read, but when I venture out to the page with the list of forums, it shows there are unread threads there.

It's not really a huge deal, just more of an annoyance for me.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

My first suggestion is to check past the first page. Sometimes a missed thread can fall to the second or third page quickly, and get overlooked. Second is to just double click the button by the thread title. That marks the forum as read.

But yeah, I get that for Sucky Customers on a regular basis, even with that, so I'm not sure what's up with it. Raps? Any ideas?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

But all the individual threads are showing as read. On the "Sightings" forum, I went through and checked all of the pages (a few times), and there were no unread threads. I have no idea why it's doing this.
      The Office

Comment

I get this occasionally. As BroomJockey says, just double-click the orange circle and it will deal with it.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          I get this occasionally. As BroomJockey says, just double-click the orange circle and it will deal with it.

Rapscallion
          Heh, I missed that part of BroomJockey's post. But it worked, tyvm.
          The Office

Comment

Something I've noticed is that within the same browsing session, the forums I've just read can be marked as read: but if I reload the page, it shows as unread.

Basically, my browser and the proxy servers I'm routing through are doing their job - feeding me the cached page if it's within a pre-set time period. If I tell the browser I want the new page with any changes (ie: hit reload), it'll go double-check, and come back with 'oh! look! New stuff!'

Yes, that's a slightly oversimplified description of what's happening - but it's a good enough model for non-techs.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That's odd. I get the opposite most of the time. If I know I've read a forum, but it's marking it as unread, a reload will clear it (except for Sucky Customers).
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
              X