This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't post in Fratching.

It lets me in, and I'm logged in, but when I type up a post and hit the post button, it gives me an error screen:

The website is unable to display the webpage

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

Can somebody decode this for me please? What's happening here?
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

sounds like you're running across the little thing that people sometimes hit when something they write resembles certain pieces of code. One of the others that know about that stuff can probably tell you *what* is doing it specifically, the most I know is it's generally slashes and such that trigger it. Have you tried modifying what you were posting? Or do you get the error no matter what you post?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

hmmn...

I just posted a test message in the thread, and it let me no problem. I tried to edit it and put in what I wanted to post, and it's stuck in 'thinking' mode.

It was a complicated post, with a quote from a previous post and a link in it, so may very well be seeing it as code or something.

ETA: after some messing around, it's the link. It doesn't like the link I'm tryna post, which is a shame, as it's an awesome link. I tried getting a tiny url for it, but the tiny url won't take you directly to the link either. I think what I'll have to do is unenable automatic link parsing, maybe that will work.

Anyway, thanks, BJ.
      Last edited by ThePhoneGoddess; 02-14-2008, 05:18 AM.
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

You know, I'm glad you brought this up. I can't post over there, either. I get a different error message, though. This is what I get:

RecoveringKinkoid, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
        If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

RK? You hadn't received your email confirmation, apparently. Post away!

Rapscallion

Comment

Hey, thanks! (wow, that was easy!)

Comment

No it wasn't - I had to remember my password!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                No it wasn't - I had to remember my password!

Rapscallion
                *pats Raps on the head* Ahem ....

You got the old folks' memory disease too? YAY! It's not just me anymore!

Sorry there m'dear. At least you now know your password again. (See? There is a silver lining to that little grey cloud).

Comment

Working...
                X