This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Smilies...

I've noticed that sometimes when multiple smilies are used in a row that some of them become discontected and the words of the smilie will appear instead. I've tried to fix this in editing, but nothing seems to work except deleting the smilie entirely and not having one there. Any reasonto why this is? Thanks.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Interesting. I've never seen this myself. Is there a post you could point me to?
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I haven't run into this myself.

I tend to make sure that all my smilies have a space between then and anything around them.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can't recall any posts off-hand, but I know it tends to happen in long strings of smileys. Lemme see if I can replicate it here.

Occurs twice there ^
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I can see spare spaces in those two non-working smilies there. Did you type those in , Broom, or hit the smilie button?

Rapscallion

Comment

Just hit the smiley button a whole bunch. It works for strings of unique smileys too (instead of a string of 20 the same).
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'll see if the next update sorts this out - if not I'll report it/search for similar complaints.

Rapscallion

Comment

Maybe it inserts spaces to enable word wrap on long strings...

Let's check that... *hits a bunch of smilies*

**ETA**

Yup. It inserts a space after every 50 characters to enable word wrapping on long lines of text. You can totally avoid that by just putting a space between them every so often yourself.

Or make sure you aren't putting out more than 50 characters worth of smilies at a single time.

^-.-^
                Last edited by Andara Bledin; 04-19-2008, 09:33 AM.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So add my own space in between smilies every so often. Good to know thanks. And I hope the next update fixes this issue.
                  "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

I don't think it's an issue so much as a feature.

Because of the way forum software works, if the board didn't force spaces, then you'd end up with people deforming the board view just because they could.

Although, 50 spaces is a legacy of much smaller monitors.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                    X