Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a whole lot of "server busy" messages.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a whole lot of "server busy" messages.

I'ts been over the last few weeks and time of day doesn't seem to be a factor.

Maybe your hosting company is putting too many sites on one server.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

I've been getting a stack load too, however its mostle around the 21:00BST mark...
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I lease a separate server. The only things on here are four sites - all running this forum software. I had an alert from Iradney of a server busy message and I was already aware that the CPU was running twenty to the dozen.

I can't find any VB scripts running at that time. I'm going to have to start asking other questions.

If you see a server busy message, a post here would be appreciated for a time stamp.

Cheers!

Rapscallion

Comment

Okay then, here you go for pattern helping:

I just saw one 15 minutes ago, so that would be at 21:30 GMT. I usually see it every night around midnight, my time, so around 4AM GMT.

I simply thought there was some database maintenance going on at didnight, and hence the cause of the problem. Which is why I didn't report it

Comment

4am is when the server automatically searches for software updates. I doubt that would affect anything much, and we've just had a problem just now.

I think we had one around noon yesterday as well. Can't be just that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            I think we had one around noon yesterday as well. Can't be just that.
            Rapscallion
            Yesterday (09/06/08) around 3:45 CST US (9:45 PM GMT) - I was mid posting and got it for ten(?) minutes or so.

Comment

I've been getting it a lot, lately, too.

Raps, I'd LOVE to post a message when it happens, but I don't think I can, what with the server being too busy and all. I'll make sure to try next time, though.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Well, as long as you post pretty much afterwards - that would be good

Rapscallion

Comment

I occasionally get it; usually in the afternoons. I'll be sure to post something next time it happens.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It is usually in the evenings here (pacific time zone which is, I believe, -8), but not always.

Comment

Got a "server too busy" message at about 11:08 central time. Lasted for about 6 minutes.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Another one 21:20 Pacific Daylight Time

Comment

New report: 4:04AM, GMT: Firefox could open connection, but sat there waiting for data from the site. This continued until 4:08AM GMT. At that point, "Server Busy" messages began, and continued until 4:22AM GMT.

Hope it helps a little bit.

Comment

Had a few about 00:25 Eastern time tonight.

B
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Same as with Bandit but then I got into typing and don't know how long it lasted.

Comment

Working...
                              X