X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    Jesus...

If you have a corporate tip line or something, that's worth reporting. That would seem to be a fireable offense.
    THIS! I would also make sure to give a very clear description of this SC to your loss prevention staff in case he comes back.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Hmmmmm, let's see. I can cancel one of my cards, then go to your store and try to buy something really expensive! I have a life too, y'know!!!

Live and let live!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Who in the what now?!?!?!?

Wow I have lurked and read stories on here for awhile now and that has to be the worst. How does that manager walk around without a spine?

Now I need to go find my brain.
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

My God...that manager should be fired...possibly even arrested for that!

Comment

Let's see, today's not April 1st, so...

OH MY GOD, THIS WAS REAL!!!

If this isn't a scam, then that manager's spine is made of Jello. And after reading this, so is my brain now!
            Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

ooo i need to know what store this is
              cos this means if my card's declined i can get it for free

what an idiot manager...

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                Now I need to go find my brain.
                If you find it, please look for mine, too. It's scared, lost, and hungry for intellectual contact.
                Coworker: Distro of choice?
                Me: Gentoo.
                Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth nhollywood View Post
                  Please keep us posted.

Yes, please do, sweetj82.

Not only to hopefully find out this manager was canned, but mainly if corp tries to pin this on you, even in the slightest manner. You were obeying a manager's order.

If you are punished in any way, I'd be tempted to ask the company name and send them a little love letter via e-mail. (Just as long as it didn't cause you further trouble).

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Holy Snikey's !!!

Your manager is going to be in deep doo doo I think for that. Cause corporate is going to be like WHATTHEEFF!?!?!?

The common thing would have been just discounting it. . . but for free?. . . then why even sell it?
                    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

can I come refurnish my house at your store?? Will gladly take free anything, especially $1000 tv's

Comment

So this is what playing by the rules gets a person? I had to pay for my TV. Granted I got a pretty good deal on it, but not that good of a deal. I guess if you pitch enough of a bitch you can get anything.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                          So this is what playing by the rules gets a person? I had to pay for my TV. Granted I got a pretty good deal on it, but not that good of a deal. I guess if you pitch enough of a bitch you can get anything.
                          I was thinking, cause of stories like this, there are going to be more SC's trying to get stuff on the cheap or free, FML
                          "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

If it isn't a scam, you can bet that guy is gonna tell everyone he knows.
                            Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I call shenanigans on this one.

Given what I know in the retail field, as a manager your performance evaluations are based in large part on sales figures. Losing a $1,000 TV that is a huge detriment to your merit increase in pay.

In fact, it could hurt quite a bit.

So I call shenanigans on this one. There is no way that this can be the case of a spineless manager. If they dropped it to $800 (likely the store's price before markup), or knocked off the entire cost of a set of HDMI cables would be one thing, but to knock off the whole price on the TV itself...

The manager and the SC are more than likely in cahoots. There is just no way a person could be this stupid.

Please keep us informed and kudos for calling corporate. There is something rotten here.
                              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Um, and I felt bad asking for a discount on a tire because I only needed one and didn't want to buy a whole set.

I mean really I could have seen if it were me as I'm likely to straight up tell a customer off and that they need to call their bank, its not my problem if a discount was given and my job taken. Actually, went with my dad to by a TV at wal-mart, believe me his limit is high and more than the price of a TV, and it was coming back declined through the card company they thought it "could be fraudulent", so after doing a verification on the phone and on the next swipe it was magically cleared. Maybe that is what SC needed to do.

Or maybe, WORST CASE hook up SC with the employee discount for his trouble since obviously your all incompetent and wasting his time (Actually in case of your CO im not being sarcastic about incompetence)
                                I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
                                X