Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We prefer them alive, since we would like to know how it is they are able to cross without any residue forming on them, and without alarming our sensors.. but remember.. we are not the care bear police. Do whatever you must to stop this person, try to keep the civilian casualties to a minimum. As for what we know, I will let Amber handle that." He pushes a button and a purple skinned female about 6'7", wearing a labcoat, comes in.

After Strongarm fills her in she turns to you. "Each area he has visited he has left a strange residue in a starburst pattern." She shows you a picture of a wooden floor with a starburst burn on the ground. "We know the residue is 80% Carbon, 10% rocket fuel, but even our greatest minds can not figure out the other 10%. Whatever it is, we have never encountered it in any of the dimensions we have entered. Here is a crude sketch of the person we have from questioning the people around the areas where we find the starburst." A young looking boy with red hair that has a white stripe on both temple areas..that has some sort of odd jet pack looking device on his back. "We suspect that it is this device, not the individual that allows for the travel. He may have other high tech devices at his disposal. So far he has been seen in these dimensions." She hands him a dimension map with about 12 of the dimensions circled. "We have yet to find a pattern of his dimension hopping. According to our investigation so far, he spends no more then an hour in each dimension. We do not know why.. yet. He works alone, again this causes us to suspect the device is the reason he can cross..and fuel might be rare. You know .. since you have Steel I can give you an electronic device that can record all of this instead of you having to write everything down."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok stares at the man for a moment, considering his words. "People die every day, thousands upon thousands of them. In every dimension, in every land. These few who have died here are just a drop in the ocean compared to that.

"We will get her to the peace talks, whatever it takes. However, I will attempt to do so-" Sapputiyok pauses to reach into the bounty hunter's brain and put a wall between him and the vortex possessing him. Xe surveys xer work as the man falls to his knees, clutching his head in pain. Satisfied that xe hasn't caused him any permanent harm, xe continues, "without feeding Death any more than I have to."

Sapputiyok sets the weapons xe's holding down a distance from the man and turns to Goldie. "Let's go." Xe turns to the delegate. "We'll get you to the peace talks safe. Don't worry." Then to Goldie, "Do we have anything to stop attackers that isn't lethal?"
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• She thinks for a bit. "Well I am trained in non lethal combat as well as lethal. As for you.." she goes to the bootend and pulls out two weapons. "Net launcher and Stun gun. The stun gun can launch a stun needle up to 200 feet, and there are three needles. After that it can still be used as a up close means of stunning a perp, at least until you are able to reload the needles."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Well, the recording device would be helpful, and I may have an idea for you in trade. Try going about the ident from a different direction: You can't ID it, so see if it's decomp of some kind, if you have not already. Try kryptonium or Element Zero. Also, see if the mystery substance changes from dimension to dimension. In any case, this kid looks to be a worthy opponent of "The Hound"."
          Colt re-examined the map, then looked at Strongarm. "You'd prefer this kid alive, but I gather you'd prefer having the gadget --operational and unspoilt-- above havin' the kid in any condition. Am I correct, Boss?"
          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 09-30-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Strongarm nods "IF the device is what is allowing him to cross dimensions. Make sure you know if it is or not first. Whichever is the reason he can cross, is what I want intact if possible."

Comment

• Sapputiyok familiarizes xerself with the stun gun and net launcher as they travel, keeping xer sixth sense open for further attackers.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• As you drive Goldie says "Something is wrong with our route. There is no way that two dimensions who need to cross five other dimensions are at war. I think somebody or something has messed with the mapping system. Unfortunately, if that is the case, that means we will have to make a decision. Try to find the right route without a dimension map, or cross where whoever it is wants us to cross. Neither is a very good choice."

Comment

• Colt nodded, "Understood, Boss. There some way to get to either his last jump site or else his current whereabouts?"

Comment

• "We can get you to his last jumpsite, if we could get you to his current location we wouldn't need you to track him down." Chuckles Strongarm. He sets some coordinates into a vehicle. "I know you have Steel and all, but this will get you to the last place he vanished from."

((Once you leave to the location))

It is an abandoned warehouse. You see the scorch marks he leaves when he departs, and there is the smell of something .. else besides fuel. Smells almost like acid.

Comment

• "Good point, Goldie."

Sapputiyok addresses the delegate. "Can you bring any light to this? Your dimension and the other - is there a direct path between them that we've missed?"
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Huvana nods. "I just do not know exactly where it is. The generals we have would know exactly where it is, and where it will appear."

Comment

• "Goldie, I trust your judgment, whether we continue forward or go back and try to find another path. You know far more about this dimension travel than I do."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• After checking about to see if the smell could be from the vehicle or the surroundings, Colt walks forward, and kneels by the scorch mark.
                            "Hmm... it is a starburst pattern, but... Why only an hour?"
                            Dunno, pal.
                            Colt smiled, "Thank you for the input, Steel. Well, I know they've got techs working on this, but it's the smell that's got me thinking. I need a few things... Back to the Nexus we go."

Colt procured a very advanced form of forensic scene kit and then went back to where he had been, hoping he wouldn't find out just who or what inhabited this dimension.

Comment

• Sapputiyok

Goldie whips the vehicle around, heading back towards the Huvana's home dimension. "Well we definitely do not want to play this avatars game." Suddenly the vehicle just stops. " They've messed with the navigation controls. Since walking is out of the question, guess it looks like we have one option. We go forward." The second she gets the vehicle back on track it starts working again. "Looks like the scenic route. Let me try to reach headquarters, but I suspect it will be disabled" Sure enough the com system is out. "They have thought of ALMOST everything." she grins mysteriously. "I still have tricks up my sleeve."

When you get to about the middle of the next dimension.. up ahead you see about six of your own people waiting for you. Chances are, they also have 'the gift'. The question is.. what would entice them to work for 'death'.

Colt
                              Here is what you find. There is some biological aspects to the 'fuel', you can't tell what though because of some sort of acid. However, what traces you do find of everything bears some resemblance to "Steels" chemical makeup. Steel is suppose to be 'unique'. You also find traces of a substance that is only found in a few dimensions, none of which he was sighted at. The closest dimension that it is found is one where the inhabitants are locked in a war with their machines.

Comment

• Colt took samples and brought them back to the Nexus for analysis.
                                "Any way we could trace where these show up, and possibly discover a pattern, of sorts? Even the most odd-ball pattern eventually makes sense."
                                To prove his point, Colt asks for a map of the dimensions already visited by the skipper.

Comment

Working...
                                X