This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Have to Help You, Not Us

No real suck here on the user's part, but I just had to post this...

So Caller calls in about a ticket that had been put in for him earlier today. Caller is a Client user, but is located at a facility run by... let's call them Client-B. As per usual with Client users at Client-B facilities, he accesses the Client Network via a remote link.

Caller logs into a site, then clicks a button on the page to reach Client Network, and... gets an error that Java needs to be installed and enabled in order to access the Network.

So he calls us for assistance. He'd called earlier and someone had put in a trouble ticket for him, but hadn't heard back on anything.

I told him that, unfortunately, if he was getting that message before he even reached our systems, then it wasn't Client IT support he needed, but Client-B IT support, because it was their computer that didn't have Java installed.

Naturally, Caller said he had contacted Client-B IT support and they had told him to call us.

Sigh.

Caller understood that there wasn't anything I could do-- Client IT does not have access to Client-B systems-- and agreed to call Client-B IT again.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

I'm thinking Client-B IT heard "I'm a worker from Client office, and I can't access our network" and stopped listening at that point. Hopefully once someone clarifies for them that it is one of their computers they'll fix the problem.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I've been this customer and it is really frustrating, especially after your third time on the phone with both that day, and you keep getting referred to the other. I once had to call company b while on the phone with company a and make the two reps talk to each other. 'Oh, it turns out one of you was fibbing to me and can help, I just was not techie enough to catch it. Thank you company a guy for finally helping me get help from company b I was supposed to'
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        I'm thinking Client-B IT heard "I'm a worker from Client office, and I can't access our network" and stopped listening at that point. Hopefully once someone clarifies for them that it is one of their computers they'll fix the problem.
        Yes, that's my assumption as well. Some users don't know that we IT folk are not infallible.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
        X