This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibroids

For a long time, I've had my monthly "ow", but I never found out why, until my visit to the ER last week for seemingly unrelated urinary problems.

Turns out, they're connected. And the reason?

FIBROIDS. Yes, uterine fibroids that, according to Wikipedia, heavy or painful periods, hereafter known as the monthly "ow". Simply because the fibroids cause the surface area of the uterus to increase in size.

So I'm going to see a doctor in October and see if she can refer me to a gynecologist and hopefully get rid of my fibroids, my urine problems, and maybe my "ow", once and for all!

Wish me luck!
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Good luck, I keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Oooh ouch! Good luck, I hope they get sorted out quickly and with a minimum of fuss.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Thanks! Hopefully I should be able to get rid of them by Christmas.
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Update: I went to a walk-in clinic today and gave a urine sample. Was told that fibroids was not the problem but was prescribed Valium (or something similar) to help me relax before bed.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Here's hoping for relief!

Comment

On Monday, I went to the same walk-in clinic. I was so sleepy, thanks to Benadryl and Valium, that I slept in the waiting room and on the examining table in the doctor's office. I just lay there limp like a dead person waiting to be autopsied.

The doctor took information from my mother, and punched my arm to wake me up. He then prescribed a mild drug that covers a lot of things from depression to menopause-related hot flashes. I'm on the drug now and need to take it every day.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
              X