Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would a boss and the client expect this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would a boss and the client expect this?

Although I am glad that I have a job as a porter, I and my co-workers have been dealing with the following...
    • we are given a checklist of job duties that need to be performed
    • depending on which parking garage(s) we are assigned to, we may or may not be able to perform all of the duties on the checklist on a daily basis. This depends on the condition of the parking garage(s) and how many floors there are at the garage(s)
    • the property management company adds more responsibilities when they inspect the parking garages. The inspections are done at anytime on any day.
    • the company manager over the entire area of parking garages *she works for our employer as well* adds more responsibilites as well whenever she inspects the parking garages. This as well is done at any time on any day.

It is frustrating for us to deal with this. My co-workers do not like dealing with this.

This situation reminds me of the following.

I previously worked at a parking garage owned by a different client and managed by a different supervisor, who also worked for my employer. I started working there in September 2012. One of my duties was to do a space count at 10 a.m. and one at 2 p.m. whenever I worked at that garage in the morning. I also had to sit in the parking booth just in case customers needed help at the pay machine as well as do a compliance check for 3 of the 8 parking levels in the parking garage. The 3 levels were used for reseved parking. I had to make sure that each car had the correct parking decal. The parking garage had 10 levels. 2 levels were managed by the parking company that my employer merged with. I only had to do the space count for the area of the garage that my employer managed. The entire parking garages covers an entire block. I would work from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. usually 3 times a week. Everything was fine with the space count I was doing until February of this year. When I got to work one day, the supervisor of that garage called me into the office. Apparently he had to talk to me about something.

Here is what he had to talk to me about...
    • I am taking too long to do the space count
    • The space count has to be done in 30 minutes. If I could not do the space count in 30 minutes, I can no longer work at that parking garage.
    • So he devised a plan for me to do the space count in 30 minutes. He was convinced that it could be done in 30 minutes according to the plan he devised. The problem was this... Even when I followed his plan, I still could not get the space count done in 30 minutes. I let him know this as well as the fact that if I can no longer work at this particular garage, then I would like to be transferred.

I was told that according to the client, I had to be in the parking booth at least 3 hours during my shift. This all happened in February of this year... several months after I started working there.

What caused me to really not want to continue working for that supervisor was this post... http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ghlight=survey. The same supervisor also managed this parking garage.

Why would a client and a boss expect this from an employee? Why did it happen several months after I started working there?
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 10-11-2013, 02:48 AM.
Working...
X