• things I've been tempted to put on stuff I'm marking

"when you give me the rest of the assignment I'll give you the mark"
    "what the christ is this?"
    "you again?"
    "um, no, just no, that is wrong, that is very, very, very wrong"
    "did you even read the question?"
    "thou shall not pass"
    "are you on the crack?"
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

"Wait, what?"
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."
    "I can't even."

Comment

so that's why your hair is standing on end.

Comment

Back in my school days I had an Economics teacher who could be, shall we say, a wee bit scathing..... I loved the subject and worked hard at it, but these are a few that appeared on some of my classmates' work....

"If only it were possible to give negative marks"
        "You should supplement your revision notes with a prayer book"
        "Having finally managed to decipher your writing, I can now see that you have learned nothing about the subject whatsoever"

And on the matter of one boys handwriting - "I advise you to give up using this spider, and buy a pen"
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          Back in my school days I had an Economics teacher who could be, shall we say, a wee bit scathing
          This happened at a major university on the West coast. In the Engineering program, ECON 101 is mandatory. You don't have to take it in a particular year, but you need it in order to graduate. Most students take it in 2nd year (the first year there's space in the timetable for an elective).

When I'm in 2nd year, there is ONE section of ECON 101 that fits the space left in Engineering timetables for an elective. Needless to say, on the first day of class, the auditorium is a sea of red.

Prof steps up to the front of the room, and the first thing out of his mouth is that he doesn't mind Artsies, Aggies, Science students, or anyone else, but he hates Engineers. If that's the case, why was he assigned the section that's guaranteed to be loaded with us?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Gremcint, you want to borrow my "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" stamp next time you have a stack of marking?

Comment

oh god I work for a store that can make rubber stamps.

Comment

Working...
              X