This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude & Entitled with a Hotline to God

So my sister and I went out today for some last-minute Christmas dinner additions. On the way to the grocery store, we're sitting on the bus when this woman gets on. Note, it's been snowing all day and we've got a couple inches or so.

RB: Rude Bat
    OP: Other Passenger

RB gets on, turns to the Other Passenger who is sitting in the first seat near the door and gets right in her face.

"CAN I SIT HERE?"
    Note - there was space right next to OP but apparently RB can't move three feet.
    OP: "Just a minute."
    RB: CAN YOU HURRY UP!!?
    OP: Wait a minute, I have a brace on my knee!

She gets up and moves to stand across from the driver. Meanwhile RB flips her the bird! Then suddenly she's saying, "Miss, oh miss, I'm sorry! I'm sorry."

OP: Yeah, okay

RB: Oh, sir! Sir! (to the bus driver) God told me to tell you something! (starts saying something about snow and slush).

We stop right outside the store. RB takes one look out at the inch, maybe inch & a half of snow on the sidewalk and starts yelling, "I CAN'T GET OFF HERE! HELP ME, SOMEONE HELP ME!"

There was nowhere else to get off, plus she'd have had to walk through a couple inches of snow to get to the stop where she got on in the first place. She was dressed for the weather and moving better than my sister does in the cold (bad knees).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

WTF? Don't know about your area, but everywhere I've been the seats immediately behind the driver were "please save these seats for elderly/disabled passengers". Rude bat insists that a DISABLED person get out of there to make room for her, when there was an empty space a few feet away? Driver should have ordered her off the bus for that.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      WTF? Don't know about your area, but everywhere I've been the seats immediately behind the driver were "please save these seats for elderly/disabled passengers". Rude bat insists that a DISABLED person get out of there to make room for her, when there was an empty space a few feet away? Driver should have ordered her off the bus for that.
      Oh, I'm sure rude bat thought she was more entitled. You couldn't see the other woman's knee brace...it was under her jeans. She had to move slowly, though.

Our buses do have those signs. I'm always amazed at the people with crutches, canes, etc., who stomp right past the empty, closer seats and go to the back of the bus instead.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Oh, I'm sure rude bat thought she was more entitled. You couldn't see the other woman's knee brace...it was under her jeans. She had to move slowly, though.

Our buses do have those signs. I'm always amazed at the people with crutches, canes, etc., who stomp right past the empty, closer seats and go to the back of the bus instead.
        On the opposite end of the spectrum is the young, healthy people who get all pissy when I get on the bus with my son on days when he's using his wheelchair. First they start rolling their eyes and getting all huffy because it takes a long time to put the ramp down, then the anchors for the chair require pushing three seats up and rendering the 4th in the row useless. Ummm, people, that's what this stuff is there for! My kid deserves to be safe on the bus as much as you do, so quit bitching and get out of the way. I'm quite certain his inability to walk without pain is a much bigger hardship than you having to get up and move a few rows back.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

This song is how I try to be...

... sometimes I actually manage to do it.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            I'm always amazed at the people with crutches, canes, etc., who stomp right past the empty, closer seats and go to the back of the bus instead.
            Sometimes people with injuries or disabilities say to themselves, "I'm sick, but I'm not THAT sick." So they'll leave those seats to people they perceive to be in worse shape.

My mom does this with her MS sometimes. Even though it's pretty bad, she'll do stuff like you described a lot.
            There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
              On the opposite end of the spectrum is the young, healthy people who get all pissy when I get on the bus with my son on days when he's using his wheelchair. First they start rolling their eyes and getting all huffy because it takes a long time to put the ramp down, then the anchors for the chair require pushing three seats up and rendering the 4th in the row useless. Ummm, people, that's what this stuff is there for! My kid deserves to be safe on the bus as much as you do, so quit bitching and get out of the way. I'm quite certain his inability to walk without pain is a much bigger hardship than you having to get up and move a few rows back.
              Oh, HELL, yes! I'm thankful that I can walk! One of my sisters has knee problems - sometimes it feels like it's going to buckle, and she has to take it slowly. She still always gets up and moves when a person in a wheelchair needs that seat.

People who can walk without problems should be glad they're not the one in the wheelchair.

Comment

Working...
              X