Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please,someone find switchboard a brain...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please,someone find switchboard a brain...

I can understand why customers go mad.I have the name,extension and title of the person I want to speak to.That would be sufficient to find them you'd think...

Me:Me.Come on,that's obvious
    HSBC:Highly Stupid Bank Clot

HSBC:Hello,switchboard,can I help you?
    Me:I'd like to be transferred through to Sue A. please
    HSBC:Huh?What do you mean?
    HSBC:I don't know what you're asking-what do you want me to do?
    HSBC:Is that a person,a place,a department?
    Me:It's a person.Sue A.
    HSBC:I need the full name.
    Me:That is the full name-Sue A.
    HSBC:I need the full first name.
    Me:I don't know that-she just said Sue in the message.
    HSBC:Without that,I can't help you.I need the full first name.
    Me:I don't know whether she's Suzanne,Susie,Suzette or Sue.She goes by the name of Sue at work. She's the Premier Co-ordinator and she's on extension 1234
    HSBC:How do you spell A.?
    Me:I'm assuming A-*-*-*-*.Or possibly A-*-*-*-*
    HSBC:If you haven't got the correct spelling,I can't help you.
    Me:Well,let's try A-*-*-*-*.Do you have anyone called Sue A. of whatever spelling then can you transfer me through-I'm certain there can't be more than one of them.
    HSBC:Well,I can't transfer you if I have don't know who you want to talk to.
    Me:Right-there is a Sue A.,who is a person.
    HSBC:Yes
    Me:Who is a Premier Co-ordinator on extension 1234
    HSBC:Yes
    Me:Excellent.That's who I want...
    *silence*
    Me:Hello?
    HSBC:Yes.I don't understand what it is you're wanting me to do.What is it you want from me?
    Me:I've given you the name of the person and the number they are on.I want you to transfer me through to them.It shouldn't be this difficult.
    HSBC:With respect sir,it is difficult if I haven't got any information.
    Me:The name is Sue A.The department is Premier Co-ordinator,the number is xxxx. Do you have any number at all in your company for that?
    HSBC:There's nothing coming up here on my screen
    Me:So,to confirm,you have no number for a Sue A. anywhere in your company-is that what you're telling me?
    HSBC:Well I can't say,it hasn't brought it up because I haven't got any information to put in.I do have a number for an S.A. in the system.
    Me:Super-can you transfer me through?
    HSBC:I can't do that,it might not be the right S.A.
    *sound of head banging against wall*.

If they can't be trusted to transfer a telephone call correctly,then why should I trust them with my money without them managing to transfer it off to someone in Gaborone....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Huh?
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Is this lady for real?! You gave her the name, the title, and the extension. Just punch in the extension or transfer to S.A. in the system! If she happens to be wrong, then S.A. could just transfer you to the right person, right?! Seriously!
      “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
      ― Rebecca West

Comment

Wow, that's crazy!!! A person working a switchboard does not understand a simple transfer request? Too bad your contact didn't have a direct dial number.

Comment

Oh, wow. Ohhh, wow. I thought our switchboard was clueless . . .

Comment

Holy flying zambonis.

That is unbelievably dumb. For serious.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This is why some companies decide to go auto-attendant. Robots aren't as smart as you and me, but they are sure brighter than that.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

And just imagine if...
                ...this call was part of a project set up by the managers to see how straightforward it was to set up an account.
                ...it was all being fed through to the managers above who have been recording all these attempts.
                ...they have found that not just one,but dozens of customers are also encountering the same gormlessness from the staff at middle level who have no idea how to transfer a call,how to get in touch with other departments or pass you through to the correct person.
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  And just imagine if...
                  OOOOO! How lovely that would be . . .

Please let us know of any . . . updates . . . ?

Comment

I don't understand why she couldn't just transfer to the correct extension since the OP had the extension number. When I call my friend at work I don't ask for him by name, I just give his 4-digit extension to the operator and I'm right through.

Comment

Working...
                    X