Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

This is similar to the sucky customer thread. I am home before noon on a Sunday, which is unusual, and I have discovered the point in the week at which the neighbors' tempers boil over, apparently. It's a gorgeous day outside and I would love to have my windows open, but all I hear is a kid screaming at the top of her lungs, a couple yelling at each other outside, and endless door slamming. I'd like to ask "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!?!?" I don't need this stress when I'm at home. I get enough at work. If it continues tonight I will be calling the police.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I had one neighbor above me that had a screaming child. I don't know when this kid took a breath because all I could hear was screaming. Now my apartment is pretty sound proof. I never hear the TV's from my neighbors unless I'm in the hall leaving. I don't hear dogs barking and I know the guy above me now has one, the fact that he runs up and down the stairs and it seems to shake the stairs is another story.

I was so happy when that freaking family moved out with their kid. Though I think they stayed in the complex because I think I see them around. I feel sorry for any neighbors they have now.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

STOP SLAMMING THE DOOR! Now you are running the game from your car, which I can hear all the way from the parking lot. I am so sick of everyone who ever lived in that apartment. It's ALWAYS your apartment!!

Well, management will know about your shennanigans tomorrow when they get my note written in sharpie because I am that ticked off. Try it tonight and you will get a visit from the popo. People have been kicked out before. You'd better watch yourself.
      Last edited by Food Lady; 09-13-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Oh holy shit. I could have started a thread like this! Food Lady, your neighbors must be clones of mine.

Let's see, what's the worst thing? Is it the screaming two year old, who demands everything she wants by screeching her lungs out? Is the constant door slamming? The motors running under our kitchen window? The fact that no week goes by without the Warts finding a new way to make noise? The suspicions (with good reason) of drug use and possible sale? Is it the F-bombs that fly out of Princess Bitchface's mouth every time she opens it? Or the time she threw a water balloon at my sister while sis was sitting on our upstairs porch? (keep in mind this "woman" is in her mid 20's). Seriously, there is not ONE nice or good thing about these people.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Damn. I live across the street from some of that. I'd like to strangle my neighbor's son. He's old enough to know better, yet spends hours screaming. It's usually when his mom says it's time to come in. He'll start screaming at her, which then starts his younger sister (also a screamer) off, which then upsets his dad. Then they're all screaming at each other.

Every goddamn day, and it gets worse in the winter. How? The kid goes upstairs to his room, screaming his head off...and then starts pounding on his window. Not the frame, mind you...but the glass

This summer wasn't too bad. But, I do know that the cops were called. For the most part, the police in my borough are usually invisible. You never see them, except for their usual speed traps (behind the electric company, in Napa's parking lot--between them and the bar, or by the cloverleaf). So to see a borough cruiser out and about means that someone called them.

Turns out it was the old guy across the street...who lives next door to the kid in question. He got tired of it, made a comment, and then earned the dad's wrath. The kid's dad threatened him, so he called the cops. Whether or not that gets the kid to shut the hell up, I have no idea.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

This is just funny: I have my window open and neighbor guy just told someone, "I gotta poop." Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I have the drug dealers across the street. Quiet neighborhood, suddenly we have a stream of constant traffic, pulling up, staying for 5 minutes or less, then leaving. Parking in front of people's driveways, the fire hydrant and in the road. You can smell the weed from across the street. People yelling out nasty remarks if someone looks at them. I've begun copying down license plate numbers

Comment

In my neighborhood the dealers are down the street. A few of them used to meet their customers in front of the retaining wall across the street from us. One car would pull in and wait, a few minutes later another car would pull up then things would be swapped through the window and off they would drive. My roommate started hanging out in front of the house and telling people "smile for the camera" and point to an electrical transformer on the pole. The idiots would hide their faces and leave! We would always get a good laugh at that. Now, thank goodness, they leave our end of the street alone.

Comment

We're pretty fed up with our immediate neighbors. The husband hasn't held down a job longer than a few months in the seven years we've lived here and isn't working now. The wife is a CNA and works 12 hr shifts while he stays home all day supposedly watching their two kids. I doubt he knows where the little one is most of the time. The little one is a holy terror. Always roaming the neighborhood, screaming when he doesn't get his way, parents don't discipline him, you know the type. Hubz caught him throwing rocks at our house once. Anywho, they ended up selling their lawnmower last year to make it look like they're trying to pay their mortgage. We keep wondering when they're finally gonna get evicted, but they keep managing to pay just enough to ward off the hounds. So they've been asking to borrow our lawnmower. Which honestly would be fine except for a couple issues. One, as I mentioned before, the husband is home all day. Guess who ends up cutting the grass when they eventually get around to it? The wife. After working a 12hr shift. Which of course is around 8 or 9 at night when we're winding down to go to bed. And it's always several days before someone gets to mowing and they just leave the mower sitting out in the elements.

I'm pretty sure they've stopped paying for trash pickup too. Now in the past they've asked and we haven't minded if they put some of their trash in our can. It's just the two of us; we don't put out very much trash. They're a family of 5 (the wife's mother lives there too). So after a party or something, we didn't mind putting the overflow in our can. But now they seem to think they have carte blanche to use our trash can. It's irritating.

We cut down a tree early in the summer and promised the wood to a friend who helped out. The wood had to dry, our friend's work schedule picked up significantly, so the wood was sitting in our driveway next to the house for several months. The neighbors asked about it at some point and were told it was already spoken for. A few weeks later the wife mentioned using some of it. Hubz was pissed and so was I. So the wood got locked up in our backyard until we could get together with our friend to give him what was left.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    This is just funny: I have my window open and neighbor guy just told someone, "I gotta poop." Thanks for sharing.
                    My god, they really are clones of the Warts! Blob, our pet name for Daddy Wart, will announce to the world that he has to pee or whatever. He also belches loudly, must be all the beer. Seriously, they bring in enormous amounts of booze every week.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                      I have the drug dealers across the street. Quiet neighborhood, suddenly we have a stream of constant traffic, pulling up, staying for 5 minutes or less, then leaving. Parking in front of people's driveways, the fire hydrant and in the road. You can smell the weed from across the street. People yelling out nasty remarks if someone looks at them. I've begun copying down license plate numbers
                      You are evil like me.

Nearly 12 months of people roaring into out quiet little dead end street, honk, person comes out, person goes in, person comes out, stuff is exchanged, person goes in, car goes roaring off again. They trickled in on Sunday - Wednesday and then grew in numbers on the other nights. And the lead up to public holidays was crazy.

So after a few calls to crimestoppers and the local cop shop, my neighbour and I started recording number plates and cars. Filled a notebook pretty quick and the cops were impressed with the amount of detail.

Stupid morons never ever spotted the cops staking out the house for weeks.

Was so good when they got raided. Even if it made me late for work.
                      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                        Nearly 12 months of people roaring into out quiet little dead end street

Was so good when they got raided. Even if it made me late for work.
                        This is my dream for the neighbors. I want to be there for the perp walk. If they get caught selling drugs out of their house, it's bye-bye house in this state
                        Last edited by EricKei; 09-25-2015, 04:26 PM. Reason: trimmed quote

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          This is my dream for the neighbors. I want to be there for the perp walk. If they get caught selling drugs out of their house, it's bye-bye house in this state
                          What happens if the dealers are tenants? Does the landlord lose the house on the grounds that he didn't do "due dilligence" to be sure the tenants weren't doing anything illegal - where in some jurisdictions the "due dilligence" the DEA expects involves activities forbidden under the state's tenant protection laws.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            What happens if the dealers are tenants? Does the landlord lose the house on the grounds that he didn't do "due dilligence" to be sure the tenants weren't doing anything illegal - where in some jurisdictions the "due dilligence" the DEA expects involves activities forbidden under the state's tenant protection laws.
                            IIRC, the landlord could lose the house. However, in this case, Princess Bitchface owns it.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                              I have the drug dealers across the street. Quiet neighborhood, suddenly we have a stream of constant traffic, pulling up, staying for 5 minutes or less, then leaving. Parking in front of people's driveways, the fire hydrant and in the road.
                              Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              IIRC, the landlord could lose the house.
                              My parents had neighbors like that. A guy who lived in that house said he was a bouncer, but he drove a brand new Lincoln Navigator. The landlord evicted them before the cops came for them.

Good move, landlord.

Later, that same house had a dog that barked day and night. I don't think those tenants paid any attention to that dog one bit.

The current occupants have a mailbox that looks like a big mouth bass. Compared to the neighbors' predecessors, the fish mailbox is quite charming.
                              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                              X