This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keno lady karma

So we have this lady who is so ridiculously self-entitled and snotty that is is to my great great pleasure she finally got what was coming to her.

She likes to come in 5 to close with a big big stack of keno tickets. I’m talking hundreds of dollars worth... about two inches thick. Well as of covid you now have to self-check your tickets and then hand only the winning tickets to the supervisor so as to minimize contact between people and to keep lines moving.

So we repeat to her the policy as she hands us the wad of tickets to confirm and lo and behold there comes a not-a-winner. So we hand her the wad back and tell her to use the self-check (yet again). But here’s the kicker the self-check closes automatically at our store as soon as 10 hits. That’s not in our control. So 10 hits and she’s only a few tickets in. And she tries to hand them all to us (including the ones she couldn’t get to in time) and we can refuse to take them (HO doesn’t care as the money goes to BC lotto and not to them.) because covid.

No we can’t check them on our machine.

Because covid

Well we open at 7 for seniors, 8 for everyone else...

Well there’s nothing we can do. No you can’t buy more tickets because we are closed.

No you can’t stay as long as you want. We can’t have customers after 10 after because we can’t use the chemicals we do around people without PPE gear. It’s a safety/legal thing. We also are trying to keep exposure to customers to a minimum.

You can stay if you want but you will get fined if you are still here when the cops show up.

Yes. There’s actual legally enforced rules in place right now. Yep, it’s about a $300 fine. Have fun with that....
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

This is quite possibly the only good thing about this entire pandemic nightmare. Being able to effectively tell customers to F$£^ off with a smile and not get in trouble for it. My sister (who works in a supermarket) is rather enjoying being able to tell people that if they don't follow the rules, they will not be served.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
    X