This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People

Yesterday I had to explain to my 62 year old landlady was using a hammer to bang away at some nailed on wood that the claw would pull the nails faster. She had been nailing nails for years with that hammer yet never learnt how to use claw.

People can be really stupid.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      ... yet never learnt how to use claw...
      If all else fails... Use bigger hammer!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post

NO NO

nothing like that
        It was a desperate plea to what ever supernatural being controls some people that can't get it tough their skulls that a gun is a tool..a tool that will do ALOT more damage than a hammer if your careless with it.well.
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Don't hammer wood you don't plan on or other peoples decks.
        Advice that applies to so much more then just hammers or guns

Others....well.
        That’s what we call “assisted natural selection”. I distinctly recall the idiot who was left to explain how the safety on a gun works and how to make sure said gun was clear, ended up shooting himself in the foot. That being said one of the first times on the range (after a long ruck during a time when some ppl were still mostly soft and squishy with the stamina of a limp starfish.) the sgt gave us the “don’t point that at anything you wouldn’t want full of holes” speech. You just see this one guy glance at his gun, glance at the sgt, and give a grin the joker would be proud of. He actually failed one of the psych evals so...

Never did understand why people found ruck marches so difficult? Or why people hated the obstacle courses so much? I personally love running the course and I wish there was a civilian equivalent where I could just do some giant ass obstacle course. But the civvy versions of obstacle courses tend to be sad. Seriously though I managed to break and hold a new record at most of the ones in my area. Approx 45 min my ass. Try more like 10 min, 15 if I don’t use the cheat line for the treecourse.
        Last edited by AkaiKitsune; 08-04-2020, 10:00 AM.
        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.
          OMG LOL That's sig worthy.
          AkaiKitsune

Comment

OMG LOL That's sig worthy.
            I am a Rosco sig. my life is now complete.
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
            X