This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looked worse than it was

In retrospect, this looked bad, and there may be an...interesting rumor going around about me now.

After lunch, I grabbed a delicious raspberry chocolate bar which I took back to my desk. This brand of chocolate is fabulous, but flaky, so I tend to drop a few little bits here & there as I eat.

A little bit later, I sneezed and discovered my tissue box was empty. The men's room is on the way to the supply closet so I stopped there to just blow my nose. A coworker from another department came in as I got to the sink on my way out.

CW: Hey, Gerrinson.

Me: Hi, CW.

CW: You've got a little something there on your arm. *points at my right arm*

Me: *looks down, sees a couple brown dots, where I failed to notice flakes of chocolate had landed on me. Without really thinking about the optics, I licked my arm clean of raspberry chocolate goodness* Thanks, CW! That was delicious and I hate to let any of it go to waste.

I washed my hands & forearm in the sink and left without ever wondering why CW was just kind of staring at me. A few minutes later, I came to a sudden realization that licking flecks of a brown gooey substance off your arm in a restroom is likely to send a message other than 'Ooh, more chocolate, yay!'

If yer lucky, that rumor will be "Did you hear what Gerrinson ate? That fucker's TOUGH!" O_O
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X